Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Increased RAM Usage

(Topic created: 08-08-2022 07:40 AM)
Ogata92
Comet
Options
Discussions
I understand this is a beta, and I'm not complaining, just asking. Is it normal for a Beta to have increased RAM usage? Before the Beta, i was normally around 4, sometimes 5GB of ram being used. With the Beta? 5-7GB being used. Is this normal for a beta due to optimization still being ify and what not?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Lurick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
That's weird, I'm seeing the opposite, usually would be at 3-4 GB free on my Ultra but now at 4 to 6 free.
MoRadwan
Star
Options
Discussions
Same for me!
0 Likes
Ogata92
Comet
Options
Discussions
Guess it's just me then. I mean, my phone isn't running slow, but I have noticed it using more ram. I've tried restarting, cleaning the ram via battery and device care, etc. Might backup my data and try a factory reset after work. See if that does anything. Might just be a random bug.
0 Likes
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Discussions
Same here would have around 4 free on average and now it is 6 when I checked. Improvement for me as well.
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Discussions
Mine seems to be normal. Just make sure your RAM plus is set to your desired ram, and I wish it took up less ram like a Tab S6 Lite as it only takes 2 gb of ram there as compared to the s22 ultra which takes abt 7-8 gb out of 12.
Ogata92
Comet
Options
Discussions
That seems to have fixed it so far. I had RAM Plus set to 8 and changed it to 4. Decreased ram usage so far. Weird though, you'd think increasing RAM Plus would decrease it, not increase it.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes