cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Initial thoughts & impressions

Hey Everyone, 

Rydah here. I wanted to start a thread to discuss pre beta 1 initial thoughts and impressions. 

There are tons of small changes everywhere from animations, UI transparency, keyboard improvements and much more.

My favorite change is the new volume controls and quick settings ui.

What are your thoughts on the beta so far?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Initial thoughts & impressions

seems decent although few bugs like slowdowns and one hand operation+ doesnt work
Highlighted

Re: Re: Initial thoughts & impressions

one hand operation + isn't a bug it just hasn't been updated for One Ui 3 yet
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Initial thoughts & impressions

they usually don't add support to any of those type of apps during Beta
Highlighted
Constellation

I will say that this is by far the most polished "pre-beta" anything I have tested. Our company's app worked perfectly. I have reported a few bugs but no big showstoppers or reasons to revert.
Highlighted
Asteroid

the volume control is nice, but it's hard to see, I'm using dark theme and grey over grey isn't the best choice
Highlighted
Asteroid

For a pre-beta it's more stable than most betas I've used aside from maybs Google's final beta build before stable rollout.

I love the volume control panel and QS panel.

my biggest issue is volume seems much lower than it was prior to installing 3.0
Highlighted
Constellation

Personally, it's been rough. some features I like, new volume control, new call screen backgrounds including video!

some major pains:
Camera lockout after using any app that is camera based like snapchat. notifications not coming through. Black screen to lock screen when notifications come through.
Highlighted
Asteroid

It's buggy but this is pre-beta and to be expected. Definitely more stable than other alpha/pre-beta projects I've been a part of. No noticeable issues with volume but no RCS issue with Messages. Random Home Screen crashes but overall not bad. A refresh before public beta will cleanup a lot of issues and introduce new ones. Lots of nice and useful new features!