Original topic:

Instagram links won't open

(Topic created: 12-09-2021 09:24 AM)
dayab0lical
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Hello,

With some googling it seems like this is an Android 12 issue and not a third-party issue, as it is happening to people who have tried the beta with different phone models. Whenever I try to open a link in someone's Instagram bio, or try to open a website I saw in Instagram shops, nothing happens. It won't open at all. 

I cleared my phone cache, didn't work. I cleared my Instagram cache as well, didn't work. Deleting app data, then uninstalling and reinstalling said app did not help - the issue still persists. The only fix that I saw from a reddit user was to factory reset the phone.

Is there any way to fix this without having to resort to a factory reset?
0 Likes
4 Replies
dayab0lical
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I'd also like to mention that I have 'open supported links' enabled in App settings. It seems like nothing is fixing the issue.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

As the problem involves a 3rd party app, it would be best to contact the app developer for support. However, if you do experience issues with a Samsung app, please send us an error report with a video recording and we would be able to debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @dayab0lical ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
steve000
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have the same problem with my z flip 3 in beta as well. I tried all the above and nothing worked. This happened after the latest beta update.
0 Likes