Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Iphone reactions as emoji

(Topic created: 09-15-2022 08:51 PM)
Negropy
Halo
Options
Discussions
My google messages is not displaying iPhone reactions as emoji since we started this beta. Anyone else having this problem?
8 Replies
johnnyboiii
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I get an alert that they have reacted to the message but no actual graphic display. I am assuming this will probably be fixed in the stable release but that's just my speculation:)
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
messages app > settings (in the triple dot menu, top right in the search bar) > advanced, make sure show iPhone reactions as emoji is selected. If so, go back one page, chat features and make sure features are enabled. Not sure if that's related but it can't hurt.

If both those are on, try clearing the cache (bring up the multitasking display, tap the app icon>app info>storage>clear cache and see if that helps. Failing that, report it to Samsung and wait for beta 3.
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm getting them is your RCS connected? I just realized I'm on the beta for Google messages too.
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Discussions
If it doesn't say chat in the text box then you are not connected to RCS. You will not get the emojis.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
The iPhone emojis don't follow RCS as Apple doesn't support RCS so all messages to an iPhone user will be a normal text message

Google found a way to read a reaction an iPhone user makes and show it on Google messages (it only works for text messages, pictures don't work at this time)
0 Likes
Dustin13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm having the same issue with the emojis on the second beta. And I do have the reactions as emojis setting turned on and am connected to chat features for RCS.
0 Likes
Negropy
Halo
Options
Discussions
Yeah, all my settings are right and I'm connected. Y might try clearing the cache. Thanks all
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report if you continue to have an issue.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes