Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Is One UI 5.0 optimized enough?

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 09:18 AM)
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Look, there's a month or two before the official version releases. To be honest, Despite how eager I am for the offical One UI 5.0 version I believe that Samsung should just wait and delay it to optimize their UI. 

I know that this is the Beta but this is the most unsmooth Beta that I've ever tested. Samsung is so much better than this! The animations are laggy, the UI is buggy, and their 1st party apps are worse than 3rd party apps (only sometimes) Social media apps still have delays when using the camera. I've experienced a 22-second wait time for my camera to open in the native camera app!

Don't get me started on the animations when opening and closing the camera app phone app Messaging app and multiple others! I don't know. I've reset my phone over 10 times and still have the same issue.

I have a few friends with the S22 Ultra. All of them are having the same problems as me!

I also have the S22+ and it's a nice experience on there. It's smooth like butter.
Idk maybe my friends and I just have defective models or something. 

If anyone else is having serious issues with the S22 Ultra let me know.
8 Replies
userOij7wzcNrR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Are you using the beta? If so, wich version.
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
HereScreenshot_20220925_164701_Software update_1000019097_1664142421.jpgScreenshot_20220925_164718_Settings_1000019099_1664142438.jpgScreenshot_20220925_164557_Settings_1000019095_1664142358.jpg
0 Likes
kyL397
Comet
Options
Discussions
I agree. It's interesting though because I've seen an article complaining about Samsung being too slow with releasing the stable build
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I don't think it will be more than a month. The S23 is expected at the beginning of next year, with one site saying December of this year. It will also be using the UI 5.0.

Samsung wants to make sure the UI is the best it can be on the S22 series as the S23 will only have a few differences. The supposed 200MB main camera, and the 8 Gen 2 chipset. It will take some time to flash those devices in enough of a stock availability to sell them right off.

I'm thinking this is finished by mid to the 3rd week of October, and the end at most.
blazeBark
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm not having any of the issues you described on my S22 Ultra on Beta 3 - try downloading Good Guardians from the Galaxy Store and using the Galaxy App Booster from within Good Guardians to speed up your apps. Rebooting to the bootloader and clearing the Cache Partition can also help. Lastly, for a visual speedup, enable Android's Developer Options and change the Window and Transition Animation Scales and the Animator Transition Scale to .5x.
Options
Discussions
None of those issues.
Try clearing cache and repairing apps, in the recovery menu.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.  It has been shared with our usability team for review.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

bqooo
Comet
Options
Discussions
we're sick of this.. please don't disappoint us 🙏🙏🙏
0 Likes