Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Issues with home network

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 05:25 PM)
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
After updating to the beta on my S21 ultra 5g, every time I connect to my home network the entire network goes down. Only happens when I connect my phone to the Wi-Fi. 
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
of course it just went down a few minutes ago, router completely reset.. I turned off the phone the router reset, I cleared the network system apps again, we'll see how long this one lasts.. I also have a ticket into my modem company just to see if they have any ideas even though it's probably not their deal...
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
I looked into my router logs. Seems as if the phone is causing a false dos attack and sync errors. I saw other articles online that are old stating a Samsung phone caused home network outages. No fixes were reported.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
yeah my router logs show something happening during all the dropouts and resets.. but I can't interpret them, it does not ever show the phones Mac address as being part of the problem, though that means nothing
0 Likes
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
The Mac Address that I see in the error is my routers Mac address and the IP is from my provider Spectrum.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
yeah mine too, I looked them up on the Internet after I realized what I was looking at.. I was hoping to see like maybe the phones Mac address during the crash events, but that's not what happened.. I sent a detailed email to my modem provider and I told them I'm pretty sure it's the beta UI 12, but ask them to poke around on it anyway just for tech reasons.. we'll see if they have any ideas or just wash their hands of it

ps... my connection has been stable since clearing the app
0 Likes
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Which app in particular did you clear.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
Networkdiagnostic... it was the only system app with the word network in it that had any data, and when I cleared the data the Wi-Fi stopped disconnecting... it has been stable since my last reset yesterday at 4:30 which may or may not have been caused by the phone, I don't know. go into your apps, and you have to search for system apps, you have to to hit a switch to find system apps.
0 Likes
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
This may actually be the issue

com.samsung.android.wcmchinaurlsnetworkstack

This seems to have been installed on our phones.
https://blog.headuck.com/2020/10/23/how-samsung-devices-connect-qq-baidu-taobao-hao123/
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I don't know enough about it to say either way but my phone is stable now and so is my Wi-Fi.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
update, my Wi-Fi dropped out last night, I cleared the data from the network diagnostic app, this morning my Wi-Fi network went down twice while the phone was on, I've had the Wi-Fi on the phone off now for about an hour and the connection has been stable.. another error report sent to Samsung, I can't believe you and I are the only people in the entire world having network issues with this beta...
0 Likes