Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Issues with long podcasts

(Topic created: 11-15-2020 07:31 AM)
JOHNNOONAN
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Both Google Podcasts and Pocketcasts lose their place in podcasts that are longer than three hours. This issue did not occur prior to my installing the OneUI 3 beta. It occurs in both of those apps and so I assume it is issue with the Operating System. 
7 Replies
TJn801
Constellation
Options
Discussions
settings / battery and device care / battery / background usage. check if your podcast app is listed under sleeping apps or deep sleeping apps and remove it. can also try to add to never sleeping apps to see if that helps.
0 Likes
JOHNNOONAN
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I would be suspicious of that too, however when the apps lose their place, I cannot even go into either app and force it to play anywhere in the last minutes of the podcast. After having this issue in both Pocketcasts and Google Podcasts on my Note 20 Ultra, I opened Pocketcasts on my iPad and was able to play the end of the same podcast fine, so it isn't a problem with the podcast file itself. Also, I have had the same issue on the One UI beta on multiple episodes of this Podcast since I started using the beta.
0 Likes
fracture8
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I use pocketcast and it did the same thing
0 Likes
Phil1414
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I use Podcast Addict and I'm having the same issue. I was wondering if it was a beta issue.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

As the problem involves a 3rd party app, it would be best to contact the app developer for support. However, if you do experience issues with a Samsung app, please send us an error report with a video recording and we would be able to debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
JOHNNOONAN
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Does Samsung have a podcast app I can use to test this? This issue has occurred in two separate apps that did not have this issue prior to the beta.
0 Likes
bgreene07
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I had the same issues on Beta 2. I rolled back to Beta 1 and it works fine in all podcast apps again. It's definitely an issue on Samsung's side.
0 Likes