cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Joined beta, now random quick-crashes. Not sure if error reports going through.

(Topic created: 10-08-2021 01:37 PM)
TheBatt
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Ever since I joined the Android 12 Beta Program my phone, Galaxy S21 - TMobile, has random "flash crashes" or quick-crashes multiple times a day where over the course of roughly 8 seconds the phone will freeze, crash, show the carrier splash screen, and finally go to the lock screen environment.

This doesn't seem to be the same as a full reboot, as that takes much longer, yet effectively is the same in that after these quick-crashes my phones home environment has to load in everything as if I had rebooted.

Anyone else experiencing these events? How do I know my error reports are going through? Can I leave the beta program easily? Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

Thank you,
-TheBatt
9 Replies
Tdsjr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Have you tried clearing cache on system level?
TheBatt
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Yes, to no effect. Just now had another flash-crash.
0 Likes
lHomelanderI
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
This has been happening since beta 1 for me. I've cleared cache and nothing seems to fix. I think it is specific apps that cause this. It frequently happens when I'm using YouTube.
Ryshad
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Have you updated to beta 2?
I've had similar problems try to watch videos in Chrome browser on beta 1, I would get constant crashes until the phone rebooted itself. But I haven't had that issue since updating to beta 2
Samsung Galaxy S7
TheBatt
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I only joined the beta after beta 2 released. There is no consistency to the crashes. Neither timing, specific apps, or seemingly anything. It is starting to get really annoying.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I have a post in Tips, "Apps crashing on your beta - try this" ...

Give it a go if you haven't already - might cure some of the crashes and reboots.
Screenshot_20211005-231404_Samsung Members-01_9487.jpg
TheBatt
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Has not worked.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @TheBatt ,

We have received your error report regarding phone restarting randomly. Please erase the device cache using steps below.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
TheBatt
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I have tried this to no avail, as well as the "Repair Apps" option. Still experiencing frequent crashes.
0 Likes