Original topic:

LTE/VOLTE On and 5G Not Working

(Topic created: 10-26-2020 08:11 PM)
Betadroid
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
S20+ Sprint Variant 
It appears that since the beta I am stuck on LTE (volte icon shows in status bar though no option to toggle it in settings). 
Speedtest indicates data upload is half of what it was, which makes sense if no longer 5G. 
(I've tried changing preferred networks, updating profile, latest beta patches etc.)

My phone is hobbled, and we can't revert to prebeta without losing all data if we didn't do a PC backup? 

7 Replies
ShadowArtist201
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
Have you tried rebooting?
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Network connectivity issues will most likely be resolved more effectively by contacting your carrier directly. If issues, persist, however, please send us an error report to help us debug the issue. Please also keep an eye out for any other issues you may encounter. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
usereWQV8WLNN3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
the Voice of lte toggle has been disabled for a while now on sprint, its not a Beta issue, that's been the case on my sprint for a while, it happen when Sprint/T mobile sent out an update to the network over 2 months now for me, which has also led to horrible 5G speeds.

its not the beta its the network, in this case
Spartan24fit
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Since the beta install, I've had the same issue on my T-mobile variant of the S20U - 5G has basically disappeared even.
0 Likes
userNdTRX8JOb7
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
ive got sprint/tmobile 5g shows up for me
0 Likes
Brew400
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I'm with Sprint also and I seem to have lost the VoLTE and 5G after the Beta installation on my Galaxy S20 Ultra until I changed the data connection from Automatic to 5G/4G/LTE/CDMA. After my phone rebooted, the VoLTE and 5G icons appeared. I'm in the process of testing the call or voice quality because it was choppy and randomly cuts out, basically horrible. I will post the results.
0 Likes
Brew400
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
After switching data connection from Automatic to 5G/4G LTE/CDMA, my calls are much better!
0 Likes