cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

LTE? galaxy note 20 ultra LOSING SIGNAL?

(Topic created: 11-20-2020 11:36 AM)
Koldkaozkoyote
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Why does from time to time my phone loses it's 5G connection and go into LTE mode? 
I'm in the house and I press the power button to take my phone out of sleep mode and use it, more times than not recently it is an LTE.. 

0 Likes
9 Replies
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
If you are experiencing regular loss of your 5G connection, there may be a problem with the network coverage. This is probably the result of your location, for example: a garage, concrete building, certain style houses and even some vehicles. Test to see if a change of location helps.

However...

If this fails, you should check the network coverage in your area from your service provider. Although 5G is a stronger service than 4G your phone will switch to whichever service is providing the strongest/stable connection.

If you are experiencing problems after trying the above you can try to reset your Network settings. You can do that by going to:

Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

This will reset all Network Connections including WiFi and Bluetooth Connections. You'll have to reconnect those if you reset it. But no content will be deleted.

If after all that, you are still experiencing problems, then it would be best advice to contact your carrier directly and explain the problem. They will be able to do a device refresh on their end and that may clear things up.

Remember, 5G is new. It's not perfect lol I hope this helps you though!
Koldkaozkoyote
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
gotcha. and thanks a million. il call them today and get started on your steps
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
Any update?
0 Likes
Compusmurf
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
What provider? tmobile asked all 5g users to get a new sim from them to fix a 5g issue
Koldkaozkoyote
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
tmobile. I went in to ask that one day and I think they said that wasn't a problem
Compusmurf
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
If your sim doesn't have R15 on it, get it replaced. don't take no from a store, find a different store
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

As mentioned by @USCG1992  please check your location for coverage. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
maybe to reduce battery use while phones in sleep mode🤷🏽‍:male_sign:
SMOULTO1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
maybe call in to tech support and see if they ship you one out if need be