JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Last time I sign up for a Beta

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 10:50 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Since I've had this beta 4 been having touch screen issues, scrolling issues, restarting issues and can't use smart switch because phone keeps connecting and disconnecting while backing up phone. Also notifications don't show up on lock screen and when they do it's a slight delay. And having issues with the fingerprint scanner having to do it a couple of times to get into the phone. Won't be doing this anymore... 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jquest71
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I knew what I was getting into (I participated in the beta last year too) and my phone is stable enough to use, but I will say that Beta 3 was way more stable than Beta 4 on my S23 Ultra.

View solution in context

13 Replies
jcrea
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
It's beta software... It's not meant to be a flawless experience. Of course it shouldn't necessarily be extremely buggy either (I've had no issues at all with the latest beta), but this is exactly what you signed up for. You weren't forced to use the beta software lol and you can leave at any time too
Nicole62
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Same here, I wish I never joined, all sorts of issues and even after most recent update, still no resolutions
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
You're the one who didn't read the release notes don't blame Samsung! You should have read it and you would have known the current issues!
Solution
jquest71
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I knew what I was getting into (I participated in the beta last year too) and my phone is stable enough to use, but I will say that Beta 3 was way more stable than Beta 4 on my S23 Ultra.
BHW658
Halo
Options
Discussions
Many people need to read and understand that joining a beta program gives them an opportunity to "test" new software, new ideas, new personalizations, new enhancements, and bug fixes and report back. This in turn helps Samsung to create a better product and improve a user's overall experience.
One needs to be patient and expect a few "bugs," then again maybe not.
Most important, please report any bugs/problems
while running a beta to Samsung so the problems can be addressed.
If folks don't report bugs or problems they experience, then there's really no use in joining a beta program. IMHO
✌🏼

peacey
Halo
Options
Discussions

What a bunch of entitled people. Your job is to test and provide feedback with bugs you find, not complain about them. Please just leave the beta for the good of this program and your own sanity.

StickyDonkey
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Bye 👋
manzoorboy06
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Lol I was itching to try One UI 6 new feature but I didn't relies it would get this bad. As expected it's beta so I just gotta wait it out until final version is released. Hopefully upcoming update fixes beta 4 issues.
0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
Joining is voluntary, so is exiting. If you're not at all satisfied with the beta test software, you can roll back to stable.

This is a test. For the next few weeks, Samsung's test volunteers will conduct a test of the UI 6 System. This is only a test.