Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Let's discuss Samsung's Beta program

(Topic created: 01-04-2022 04:12 PM)
BRND
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Honestly I think this might be my last Beta, Samsung promises so much and does so little to help us help them. I'm not saying that they aren't working hard to release the update but holy are they TERRIBLE at clarity. We sign up for this to help them out and they gave us what, 3 notices the entire time we've been dealing with this Beta, send them thousands of suggestions and bugs and still no updates, no dates, no 'hey we are getting things ready for you guys' nothing at all. Extremely unprofessional in my opinion, shows me they aren't going above and beyond for things like this. 

On top of that non-beta users getting the update first, can we at least know why? Again, clarity for your helpers if you want the help, give us help.

Anyone else have a thought on this?
8 Replies
Unguessable
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Quite weird that non-beta users are getting stable updates first. Samsung is penalizing us for helping them test their beta.
spencer5520
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
It's so odd and upsetting. Apple gives devs the GM first prior to the public release. I'd hope Samsung was the same but nope! First and last time I participate on the beta with Samsung.
BRND
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm even now seeing that the 1st released Folds and Flips are even getting stable Android 12 dates and releases and we as beta users haven't even gotten a notice. They made a huge deal on how this Beta/Update in particular was going to be SOO different, better, but it seems like just more social media hype and all the empty promises that we've come too familiar with.
spencer5520
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
This is why I'm never doing a Samsung beta again. I'm sticking to apple betas and wait for a stable version of One UI on my Samsung phone.
rstorms20
Halo
Options
Discussions
Next time I'm waiting for the stable version. I'll get it faster that way.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @BRND ,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are working to release an update to official software ASAP. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Galaxymanjeff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I think it would be great to give the beta testers a little more information than working hard. Totally understand there's a lot in the background but part of being a beta tester would be increased communication to the users to set expectations.
Galaxymanjeff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Agree I think we'll be last beta for me also. I always like to see some cool features and test but given that there were some big problems and now the release is later for beta testers probably not worth it. I'm also non-compliant using my work profile which looking back I didn't think it would be this long. Next time I'm going to make sure I can easily roll back at least.