Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Major bug in the beta!

(Topic created: 09-16-2022 11:23 AM)
Godsend
Halo
Options
Discussions

This is only started happening on one of my S22 Ultras. Whenever I swipe to go to the home screen I get the dialog to choose a default launcher. I use Nova and even if I tap "always" I get the launcher selection every time. In settings is selected as the default launcher. This happens when I select OneUI launcher as well. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help. This happened after I installed a Nova update and the phone crashed. The phone was crashing a few seconds after any update or app installation every time on Beta 1, on Beta 2 it happens once in a while not every time. I guess when it crashed after the Nova update it  up some system settings. I keep sending my logs through the members app and nothing is being done about it. The second S22U doesn't have the issue or the crash issue even though it running more apps and is 6 months older. The one I use as my goto outside phone which is only 2 months old is having all the problems.

18 Replies
johnnyboiii
Comet
Options
Discussions
Sounds like an error report is in order.
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Discussions
I would use stock launcher
Godsend
Halo
Options
Discussions
It's not a Nova issue, it happens with the stock launcher too. I already talked to Nova apparently it's an Android issue and has something to do with digital wellbeing. On stock you can unistall it but in OneUI is baked in so not much I can do about it.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Sounds like a nova issue possibly. Have you tried reverting to the previous version of Nova?
Godsend
Halo
Options
Discussions
Happens with OneUI home too even after uninstalling Nova.
0 Likes
Pomacat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I use Nova launcher no problems here. Maybe stay with the stock launcher for the time being and uninstall Nova.
Godsend
Halo
Options
Discussions
I have another S22 Ultra with almost identical configuration and no problems on that. This phone has been crashing after app installs and updates so that's the real issue. Uninstalling Nova doesn't change anything it happens with the stock one too. Even tried ADW EX, and thing. I guess I'll wait for beta 3 to see if it fixes it and do a smartswitch from my other ultra if they don't fix it.
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
Nova is on a new beta on their website. Try it out. It works better with Android 13 than the older version from the play store. Search for version 8.0.3
Godsend
Halo
Options
Discussions
This only started happening after I installed 8.0.3 didn't happen on 8.0.2 but does now. It's probably because the phone crashed after updating to 8.0.3 and some settings got messed up. Going back to 8.0.2 and even uninstalling it doesn't fix it either as many other things I already tried.