Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Many Still Held in Cell Block Beta!

(Topic created: 09-09-2023 03:36 AM)
Options
Discussions

Wow!  So many still held prisoner in Cell Block Beta wilh no signs of getting released. Especially those with the LTE versions. Interesting how we signed up to be Beta participants and we are left in the dark with ZERO explanation. How rude and disrespectful. You ended up with members with bricked devices, trade ins that were not accepted, or now have a device just locked up in Cell Block Beta with no updates. What a silly way to run a Beta!

4 Replies
geemoney1240
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

am with you on that 

Options
Discussions

I became acquainted with this method of update with my Watch3, LTE, also. One update took well over 5 weeks to get to my watch.  Same circumstances, no carrier involved. I'm  still scratching my head because it was a plain vanilla instance as well. No beta involved, no rhyme or reason that seemingly makes any sense.  At the time I checked daily for a couple of weeks, and then put the watch on auto-update and had completely forgotten (given up) about the update when it eventually showed up. 

I've been trying to be optimistic during our collective beta adventure. I figured that we would all see the finished product when the beta wrapped. After all, we are fans, and we get excited over tech to a high degree. But no, it's post-beta, buzz kill time. 

So try not to develop an ulcer over this, and rest assured that the update will mysteriously appear when you least expect/want/or have the time or desire to deal with it.  And then we can all enjoy a month or three off until the next update comes along that fixes problems nobody saw previously, and the cycle starts over again!;-)

I just can't  wait!

Options
Discussions

Nice write up but the point is that this Beta is the most screwball one in Samsung history!

Options
Discussions

Cobra, I agree with you from the standpoint of how it has been handled post-beta, but I felt it went as smooth as could be expected given the "magic box" nature of these watches.  This is not like a computer software beta, where you can back off the code as necessary. 

I also feel bad for the folks who had difficulties with the beta and wanting to use their watch as a trade-in. There is a lot of pressure on them not to brick their watch, and at the same time wait for Samsung to push the stable release to them in time to meet their deadline on trade in.  There are people still on the hook for their LTE watch with no relief in sight.

But this was not well handled, and presumably corporate is patting themselves on the back for "a job well done".  Time will tell. Certainly, this beta was not a great marketing tool!

As I previously said, it would have taken minimal effort on Samsung's part to take care of the beta people by pushing the stable release to them first through the beta channel, and then take care of the rest of the Samsung "universe".  The beta channel was up, running, and the affected people had access to it. 

Good will, rather than pent up critcizem would have ensued.