Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Many apps are now crashing.

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 05:21 AM)
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Discussions
Since the latest beta Updates thinks starting to frequently crash, Gmail "crashed" notifications, Google maps will crash then re-open sometimes or stay closed, messenger, snapchat, and various shopping apps won't even open at times.

Any of you having common apps crashing? 

~Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 

13 Replies
Garou
Halo
Options
Discussions
Samsung pay keeps crashing too
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Live wallpapers no longer work, either. The system claims the app itself crashes, but it happens to every app that tries to set a live wallpaper.
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Discussions
S21 ultra? They have their own style of live wallpaper in the one UI wallpaper settings
style of stock "video wallpaper" but it only applies itself to the lock screen, you'll have to install a live wallpaper from the play store that's compatible. It should be functional I just installed one to test it it's working.

Could be what I mentioned app "live wallpaper" crashing due to OS changes that the app hasn't caught up with.

Try "Forest live wallpaper" by "Kaka"Screenshot_20211108-034627_One UI Home.png
0 Likes
Marv323
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
This is also happening to me with several apps. Some load halfway and close & others don't even open.

Hope they fix this quick
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
If you haven't done this yet, please do

====
Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.

... see how things work now
Garou
Halo
Options
Discussions
It doesn't work. I've tried that myself before
AL54
Star
Options
Discussions
I've been through this 'clear cache operation a couple of times, over the last 3 weeks. Seems to help clean things up a bit. Just good housekeeping habits.
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yeah no that won't work is just compatibility issues of "moded version of a new system of Android" frequently have to wait for app developers to update their app to accommodate Samsungs beta changes that are causing app issues. This is a OS Level issue not just a cache error crash.

Proof being I can follow your instructions to the letter and go a step further and delete the app and reinstall and still have the same issue.
mmaria452
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I am having same issue with alot apps..