Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Material you color picker

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 01:07 PM)
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
There seems to be something off with the color picker here in One UI vs like the pixel. The color choices can be quite odd at times and with them being light pastels they don't always match. 

I'll post pics in the next comment. Perhaps it will improve with android 12.1 when Google releases monet for everyone to use. I'm hoping

Also, the color theming in dark mode is pretty sparse. Could definitely use some better theme work here like the keyboard, stock apps backgrounds, etc
9 Replies
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
See how this wallpaper is primarily blue with the red contrast paddles. There's some grey, white, and black. Yet the color picker comes up with a light blue base and either purple or brown contrast? And the middle one, purple in purple??

I think this could use some fine tuning, the stock blue choice is a closer match and it completely ignores the red. Screenshot_20211106-192546_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20211106-192600_Wallpaper and style.jpg
Andrew_F
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Plus the theme is missing in like 50% of the software šŸ˜‚
I agree though. My theme doesn't completely feel like it compliments my wallpaper either. But I am coming around to some of the softer colors.
0 Likes
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Yes it really is. Would be great to have the samsung and Google apps respond to color changes
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
They should implement Bixby Vision into the pallette system to better identify colors.
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Discussions
I totally agree. Not only are most of the color choices erroneous, but they're quite hideous and unappealing.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Chrisrj8084 ,

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass on your feedback to our usability team for review.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
3pcssuits
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I also tend to get the same color over and over and some are not even in the wall paper Screenshot_20211108-180748_Wallpaper and style.jpgScreenshot_20211108-180751_Lawnchair.jpg
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Yes that's exactly it, like where is that green coming from. BTW cool wallpaper

So looking closer idk why the color choices never include red. Closest is always different shades of pink
3pcssuits
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I was trying to get the red some grey and piny but nope
0 Likes