JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messages, Chat Read/Sent Receipts Fix

(Topic created: 11-13-2020 12:17 PM)
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Discussions
OK, there's a lot to this but and I've spent days on it but my issue is resolved.

My Issue:
Read/Sent 'Chat' receipts were not working for me, at all. 

My Setup when issue was present:
Galaxy S20 Sprint
Lookout Premium with VPN
Messages app is the Google Messages Beta (Although I tried Samsung Messages as default and had the same issue)

Note about Google Messages:
When I open the Messages app, go to Settings and then Chat Features.
When issue was present it would Always say trying to verify my phone number. It said something about trying to verify through my carrier and would be stuck trying to verify. There was also a manual Verify button where I could enter my number and it would verify through Google (I'm assuming). Selecting this would cause the Verify button to be greyed out, stuck trying to verify. 

Last notes before Solution:
I tried many things, rebooting, Update PRL & Profile, many times over many days.
I have the $2.99 per month Lookout Premium that comes with their version of a VPN. Looking into these settings there is a way to turn off Always On VPN. I tried this and still no go.

Solution:
Open Lookout app, go to settings in Lookout, uncheck Safe Browsing (The VPN). Opened Messages app again, select Chat and Boom it's connected.

So for now I can either have VPN and no chat or vice versa. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Discussions
Update: So UI beta 4 came, I installed it. Turned the Lookout Safe Web Browsing aka VPN back on. Chat read/send receipts are working with it on. Now I can't say for sure update 4 fixed it, but all systems appear a go.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Discussions
Forgot to mention I tried all of the above with home WiFi connected or just on 5G and it didn't make a difference. After said steps were followed Chat functionality works with both WiFi or mobile data.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for the valuable tip. Please let us know if this issue persists or any other issue occurs. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

Tylertsd
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Thanks for the tips got mine working again now!!
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Discussions
You're welcome. I know it's nothing major but I missed the chat status.
0 Likes
Solution
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Discussions
Update: So UI beta 4 came, I installed it. Turned the Lookout Safe Web Browsing aka VPN back on. Chat read/send receipts are working with it on. Now I can't say for sure update 4 fixed it, but all systems appear a go.

View solution in context

0 Likes