Options
Discussions
I don't have this
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
The menu depends on the carrier you're on. For example, AT&T:

I'm okay with it because LTE is the least common denominator now; you need it to call and text in the US, so there's no reason to turn it off. Even if you turn off data altogether, LTE is still active invisibly -- it's simply restricted to calls and texts.Screenshot_20220827_194245_Call settings.png
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I don't even have that. I wanna know what gives the carriers the right to override unlocked phones just by putting a sim card in
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
You think that's bad? If you're on AT&T, dial *#2236# and see what happens.
superboxman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I don't have AT&T so I can't try this, but I'm curious. What happens?
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
All the way going back to the S4 (via an update), they block the ability to enable/disable/view supported bands.

The workaround was to use Samsung Band Selection from the Play Store, but since they (Samsung) also broke it. If you're on T-Mobile or Verizon (the latter only on Unlocked firmware), you're not restricted.

Screenshot_20220828_031317_Service mode RIL.png
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I lost network mode when I put a Verizon sim card in. I don't get how they allowed to mess with an unlocked phone just by putting in a sim card
Jerechas37
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
well I would assume since I've owned unlocked and all that is they're not really messing with your phone it's just that's the way their Network and service through the Sim works, I have T-Mobile as my provider and certain bands and all that aren't there on unlocked phones because the T-Mobile SIM is in it but that is why I go and unlock the extra bands or enable them through DFS
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Like I said it makes no sense that putting in a sim card alters anything everything that was there should be there
0 Likes