Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Multi SIM choices

(Topic created: 11-14-2022 02:24 PM)
Options
Discussions
As of now, we can just select primary SIM and that SIM will be used for data, call, and text. Then what is the point of having multiple or dual sims? We should have options to choose a default sim for call and text and default sim for data. It exists in S21 Ultra from other regions like India. Not sure why Samsung cant bring that sort if useful features to the US S21.
7 Replies
userQCe6lZIorW
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I'm thinking that since there's only one sim slot in the Sim tray, they will probably add what's called an eSIM option. This is when the device uses numeric information related to what a normal SIM card would have embedded in it, and use it with the multiple radios in your device to connect to different mobile networks and or providers.
Like a software base sim card.
https://www.google.com/search?q=whats+an+esim%3F&oq=whats+an+esim%3F&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i512j0i10i43...
Options
Discussions
eSIM is already enabled in One UI 4
0 Likes
Dingodown
Comet
Options
Discussions
The esim option is there but not currently working I think. I'm guessing with stable build and carrier support it will be working.
0 Likes
C4RR1LL0
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It's working with tmobile usScreenshot_20211013-101442_Call settings.jpg
0 Likes
Dingodown
Comet
Options
Discussions
Cool. I tried before and it wouldn't work right for me.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your post. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
Bthomason
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Is there a way to select a separate SIM for calls and for data? I ran out of data on my plan recently, so I purchased an eSIM to get more data from another carrier. But I can't seem to set my original SIM (SIM 1) to be the default for calls and texts while keeping the eSIM (SIM 2) the default for data. I looked this up online and everything seems to be outdated for older models of phone/OneUI. I know I can select each time I make a call or text, but this functionality isn't carried over to other apps, such as Android Auto or using the "Call xxx number" with a hyperlink from an app. I am currently using the S21 Ultra with OneUI 4.1. Also, while we're on the topic, can the S21 now support dual physical SIM cards in the phone if I purchase the dual-SIM adapter? Thanks!

0 Likes