Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Multiple S21 Apps Crashing After Android 12 UI 4 Update

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 04:13 AM)
usern2QTwJFOzm
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

I updated to Android 12 (not beta version) about 8 hours ago through the prompted software update,  updated all Apps in Play Store and Galaxy Store but still can't open certain apps without them closing instantly, some examples are Microsoft Outlook, BBC, Yahoo! Finance.  Anybody know a fix?  I also have the 120hz/60hz bug.

9 Replies
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Discussions
I can confirm Microsoft Outlook just needs to be deleted and reinstalled it works I've been through the beta and just got the final version.

Some apps aren't fully functional or working because they aren't ready to be ran on the latest Operating system Version of Android.

As for the other two I don't know, but you could do the same.
0 Likes
communityuser8475984
Constellation
Options
Discussions
It's really bad. Reddit gets unusable and the cache will quickly grow to 500+ MB until the app stops responding. Even the "Send Feedback on App Crash" app is crashing! Just got this S21 Ultra, but all this already. Google Pixel Pro 6 is looking better and better
mervin3x
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I'm not crashing at all its much faster for me
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
you should always create a brand new back up of your device prior to updating the OS and or Home... then factory reset or delete all third party applications, do the update, then download them back from the store of choice. that way your back up can be used to bring your device back to before the update if there is an issue and let you see from the app downloads if they are even compatible with 12 yet
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
before doing a factory reset, I'd wipe the cache partition and repair apps immediately after the OS update. it's a lot less invasive and will often work. factory reset is such a chore on the back side (potentially) that it can't hurt to try a simpler approach. of course, YMMV
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I agree with this ... a Factory Reset, plus uninstalling and reinstalling apps, is a last resort
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

N_D
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

i dont have a beta and the crashes are embedded app too seems to me to the the web overlay interface its super annoying. i have an unlocked Samsung and its annoying me .... BADLY.

0 Likes