Did you mean: 

Original topic:

My first days with One UI 5.0 Beta

(Topic created: 10-01-2022 07:50 AM)
TheRev
Comet
Options
Discussions
1) When I click Edit [Quick Panel] Buttons it always goes to my lock screen. I need to unlock with fingerprint. ... If I press the + in the Quick Panel icons, it then opens the Edit Buttons screen.
2) My Gallery albums have two new ones - Recent and Favorites. The Recent has over 5k photos, so I presume it collects all, not just recent. Either way, I am not interested in these, but I can't find a way to delete them. [... and hopefully no delete all my photos] 
Also, when I enter Gallery I'm forced to press View All [albums] every time. Not nice.
3) Good lock modules are not working, but I guess they'll be updated.
4) I have a Bixby routine for staying unlocked when I'm connected to home wifi, but it doesn't always work.
5) I love the stackable widgets! But I put them in an order that is practical for me... and they constantly change. 
6) The jury is still out in regards to battery drain.

Any comments, help?

7 Replies
JeremyP14
Explorer
Options
Discussions
The Recent and Favorite albums are very annoying. They cannot be hidden or disabled. There was a workaround in the previous Beta. If anyone reading this is using it, do NOT mess with it. It cannot be replicated in the latest Beta version. In an effort to do so I got all of my albums deleted and left with just the Recent and Favorites albums (all files remained, but in a massive mess).

I attached a screenshot of my Bixby routine for keeping the device unlocked. It's been stable through all Beta.

I'm also waiting on the battey. Hopefully the system learns my behaviors and adapts like when I got the device. Fingers crossed it's a Beta thing, but I've seen measurable decrease in battery vs One UI 4.1Screenshot_20221001_110708_Modes and Routines_1000001418_1664636828.jpg
TheRev
Comet
Options
Discussions
Sounds great, Jeremy. Any comments on #1 and #5? Thanks.
0 Likes
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
5 can be fixed by turning off the option to auto change based on the situation. It's under the settings of the stacked widget.
TheRev
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thanks. It worked!
0 Likes
JeremyP14
Explorer
Options
Discussions
I also experience the lock screen/dysfunction of the Edit Quick Panel. I know no workaround.

#5 is a lingering problem from the previous Beta. It could be an auto rotation problem (in which case disable it), but it could also be the same bug I experience. I keep auto rotate disabled and the actual order of the stack changes. My experience is that this only impacts certain widgets. Some move as you describe while others stay in the order I placed them. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get certain ones to stay put unless they're in a stack of 2 (which is severely limiting)
TheRev
Comet
Options
Discussions
Jeremy, I use the workaround I mentioned in #1. And I tried the suggestion below from Doctor3825. It worked. The stacked widgets stay as I ordered them.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes