Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

My thoughts on ONE UI 4

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 06:51 PM)
vdelvecchio
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Samsung dropped the ball on this.  This shouldn't be called ONE UI 4.  AT BEST it should be ONE UI 3.5.  There's really nothing new here that warrants a new UI number.  No major UI/graphics/usability changes.  Whereas, the Pixel looks AMAZING.  Totally new design, and it's "basic" Android 12.  Samsung puts its proprietary skin (ONE UI) on, and it's a "downgrade" from the Pixel.  I expected a lot more from Samsung.  Now, unless they're saving a ton of new stuff for the final release, Samsung lost a lot of chutzpah.

What's everyone else's thoughts?
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Yeah people often demand vanilla Android but what they are wanting is the Pixel version which isn't really vanilla. Then there is loads of custom ROMs on Pixel devices which every dev competes by adding the whole kitchen and sink in random features and customization yet they complain about vendors adding bloat on top.

Yet I have used many custom ROMs that were pretty bloated with an over kill random features which seems ironic.
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Never had that problem with custom ROMS and root. Used to root all the way back to the Eris. I could use mock locations before most people knew it could be done and later became an actual option.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Oh no I mean I didn't say the features were a problem but you know how each rom competes on feature. For example Paranoid Android was one of my favorite but then there was aocp and I forget what else but they basically tried to have all the features as if having the most features would be the best one. It got to a point where pretty much almost all of the custom ROMs were about the same. Then there was custom stock roms which I eventually just see it as a themed stock rom yet there was so many.
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I go back to cyanogenmod. Wish they were still around. Team blackhat had some cool stuff back in the day.
Options
Discussions
Nice
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
When the source code is making positive leaps forward and Samsung keeps cutting it back to fit its mold, it's going to backfire, and I believe that day has come. I've been patient with Samsung hoping their firmware would catch up to their hardware. Well, it ain't happening and now Google has finally made their own silicon. Samsung can't even get the Exynos to work right after all these years. Google firmware, Google silicon, flawless integration with Google apps, and Samsung displays. No brainer really.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
The Google chip is still a Samsung exynos in a way just has a custom tensor core. Also not everything is actually all good. Been using the Pixel 6 for about a week and the battery life is very similar to exynos not that great. Also the quality control on the device is pretty bad. I have a loose power button but at least I do not have screen flickering issues that I seen posted on Reddit. Also there is already a user where their entire power button has fallen out some how in just three days. I'm currently contemplating returning it until it gets better or wait to see the s22 Ultra. I'm really looking forward to having a built in s-pen again.
0 Likes
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It is in no way, shape, or form an Exynos. It's Google's own design and proprietary chip. It's a chip specifically designed for AI and machine learning. By using two performance cores instead of the standard one, it splits task intensive loads between the two. Qualcomm, Exynos, etc. use a 1-3-4 setup for their 8 core processors. Google went 2-2-4 with their design, tailoring it to the exact needs of their firmware and not just being a one size fits all approach. Loose power buttons are found even on Samsung devices. Screen flicker that is rumored doesn't concern me. Every electronic device has detractors that come up with crazy faults as seen in the galaxy watch 4 line and them supposedly falling apart and burning people.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
it's a well known issue go look on the Pixel 6 Reddit with lots of proof. it is also fact that it's built in an exynos soc there are many articles on this. there is also

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5google.com/2021/11/03/google-tensor-exynos-tests-deep-dive/amp/

you can't even argue that screen flickers is rumored when there is video evidence and Google has already acknowledged it and will be pushing a update in the future to fix it

it's also obvious the user that posted the burn wrist is either wearing the watch too tight or his skin is having an allergic reaction to it. if you truly believe the light that shines out on the back of smart watches is a powerful laser that can actually burn skin then I'm at a lost. Either you have never own or worn any smartwatch cause that light is common on every smartwatch watch. it is no where strong enough to output any heat and the same laser light is in every smartwatch..

link to the post for any else interested
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/samsung-watch-4-classic-burning-my-wrist/td-p/3946675Screenshot_20211104-080025_Chrome.jpg
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I didn't say I believe it. Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit.
0 Likes