Options
Discussions
Nothing here, S20 US Unlocked

12 Replies
Arvin
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yes. i just saw it too. I believe This should mean US. unlocked And T-Mobile… not Netherlands' unlocked, T-Mobile right…But still nothing happen for unlocked
0 Likes
Vegasx07
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I like how again Samsung is screwing over Unlocked customers, literally phones older the the S20 series are starting to get the update on locked carriers 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:yet we dealt with all the broken apps and gestures being unusable on 3rd party launchers like Nova
0 Likes
kranthi_kk
Halo
Options
Discussions
this what the samsung rep mentioned, unlocked phones will be last in the line because of the firmware dependency on carriers. they need to include ATT, T-Mobile etc in unlocked version
0 Likes
aksakalmustafa
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
It doesn't make sense. Why do they need to include all firmware. This is an unlocked phone. It has nothing to do with the carrier firmware. If so, it is a shame. We have received the Beta version before any carrier. It has been more than 2 months since we're on the Beta program and we're not able to use GPay yet. I shouldn't have installed the beta version at all. I'll ever never do that again.
Arvin
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yes. The sense should be Unlocked has nothing to do with carrier firmware. Don't need ti set carrie set up lock. Unlocked Like a white paper. It doesnt make sense, unlock always the last
SyCoREAPER
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Snapdragon phones get updated with the unlocked U1 firmware. The proprietary/carrier base firmware of U is already in place.

in other words, carrier phones already have a base of U-Firmware, U1 gets installed overtop (unlocked firmware) but it stays U (carrier phone), those base components stay unaltered. This way Samsung only needs to create 1 firmware.

that is at least the case for security patches, I assume they are saying this applies to major updates as well
TheRev
Halo
Options
Discussions
So, those of us that participated in Beta, now are at end of line? Not right that other countries and older models are given priority.

I have an unlocked S20 5G, that I bought from Samsung. [TMobile SIM] And still no stable version update. :pouting_face:
aksakalmustafa
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
And the other issue is that we cannot revert back to the 10. We're just stuck with the beta version.
Kevv2288
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
All the major US carriers have now released the update so US unlocked has got to be next.
0 Likes