cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

No app update notifications from Google Play Store?

(Topic created: 09-29-2023 07:50 AM)
Members_x2h4GM2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I'm not getting any notifications or badges from the Play Store when app updates are available.  Both are enabled and I do get notifications and badges from other apps.  

Ditto for firmware updates.... I am not getting notified when they are available.  

Is it just me?  

6 Replies
user_ams007
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
Open up the Google Play store and clear the cache from the application, as for firmware updates I don't receive any notifications that there is an update available, I manually check , just to make sure check the notification settings in the play store app Screenshot_20230928_230534_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230928_230525_Settings.jpg
Members_x2h4GM2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Sorry, I'm not quite following you.  How do you "clear the cache from the application"?  Or do you mean clearing the cache from the apps info screen?  Did that.  No change.  

There are no notification settings in the Play Store app itself.  At least none that I found.  There ARE notification settings in the notification menu in SETTINGS and they are all on.  But my screens do not quite match the ones you showed so maybe I am not looking in the same place?  S23, beta 5 (or 6... I lost track).  

0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Discussions
Settings>Apps>Google Play Store >Storage > select clear cache at bottom of the screen. You can do the same for apps with issues then check for updates if you clear data as well. You will need to login again if you clear data for apps that require credentials.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I've never gotten notifications from Google Play Store regarding available updates. Not just in this beta, not just on the S23 Ultra... but any Android I've used over the years. I've always had to check manually.
Members_x2h4GM2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Hmmm.... while I have never seen Play Store notifications for available updates on the S23... I have gotten them (as well as OS update notifications) on my other Android devices.  But that was a couple years ago.  The past two years were on IOS and I am just now returning to Android and the S23.  

Clearing the cache did not help.  

Maybe it is just a One UI "thing".  But I'll report it in case it is unintended behavior.  

0 Likes
Members_x2h4GM2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Just FWIW.   All of a sudden today for the very first time..... I AM getting Play Store app update notices and badges.  Did they fix this in the latest beta update?  

0 Likes