Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

No notification popups

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 02:35 PM)
Calandrel
Constellation
Options
Discussions
In settings I have Detailed notifications selected, but all notifications go directly to the status bar with no pop-up. Bubbles are also failing to appear for Facebook messenger and other chat apps (yes, bubbles are turned on), just see an icon on the status bar appear as messages come in. These two issues appear to be related.

Update: changing notifications to Brief appears to have resolved both these issues, and now Detailed works as well.

Update 2: the problem still persists, I guess it just depends on the app, some work (e.g., Gmail, Google messages), while others don't (e.g., Facebook messenger, discord).
3 Replies
steelersmb
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I'm experiencing this same issue.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Calandrel ,

If notification for a certain app do not work properly, Please toggle notification of the app in settings -> Apps -> App name -> notification. You may also clear cache of device.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Calandrel
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I tried both toggling notifications and clearing the device cache, but neither of these worked.

I then tried clearing the data for individual apps and re-enabling notifications, and that fixed the problem, though I have to do this for every app that isn't working.
0 Likes