Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

One UI 4.0 Beta Early Feedback

(Topic created: 09-14-2021 02:22 PM)
SiliconRage
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have a Galaxy S21 Plus 5G on T Mobile so I have been fortunate enough to be able to get the One UI 4.0 Beta. If you are able to receive the Beta as well, I highly recommend clearing the cache of your phone after updating. This will help mitigate some issues. With that said, so far my experience is pretty smooth compared to Beta's I have tested in the past. The main problem I am having is that the variable refresh rate for scrolling is not consistent. In some apps it's better than Android 11, then others it's like chunk city as if I was playing a pc game at 25 fps! Also don't be surprised if some apps don't work in the beta. This is Beta. For me, Offer Up app will launch but will not send or receive data no matter what I do. I will keep you updated on my experiences going forward. Oh by the way, check out the device care section, it's pretty cool! 
14 Replies
Mello_o
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yes, same problem. The first beta, variable refresh rate is not stable. Hope Samsung can fix it as soon as possibleā€¦ Refresh rate is very obvious that make device slow
0 Likes
Bee18
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Please keep updating this post, will like to know what the final outcome is.
PureSelf
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
why i cant see one ui 4 register banner ?!
SiliconRage
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Are you on T Mobile?
0 Likes
userHMKvVmy0oZ
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I am on tmo, and don't see the banner. S21 ultra.
0 Likes
SiliconRage
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
It's underneath the benefits tab in the members app.
0 Likes
DodMims
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Does phone need to be unlocked? I'm with Tmobile. Beta is not showing in my benefits banners.
0 Likes
SiliconRage
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
No the phone does not have to be unlocked. Go to benefits and scroll all the way down it should be at the bottom.
0 Likes
SiliconRage
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
New update. The One UI 4.0 beta is killing my battery life compared to One UI 3.0 Android 11! I am using my phone the same, and normally I can get through almost two days on a single charge on this S21 Plus 5G. At this rate I will be charging my phone every night.
0 Likes