One UI 4.0 Finally! "However"

(Topic created: 10-23-2021 02:21 PM)
Edge2Edge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Let's give credit where credit is due!

-Pros

-UI Stabilization is now stable and works fluidly. 
- Animations Greatly approved (bounce effect) (App opening animations) 
-Battery animation is now working properly and do not see a stutter or lag
-Notification bar pulls down with no stutter
-Material Design added to icons
-Overall performance and visuals are greatly improved in Beta 3 but with a little fine tuning left. 

-Cons
- Notification toggles still not customizable to their appearance was hoping for this or at least options for different look or design (shape)
-Material Design icon coloring is here but it still does not apply to all icons especially those of third party or google icons which is a bummer. (screenshot for reference) Additionally it does not apply to the google apps themselves. 
-Icon shape changes. Still if you download different icons from the store it may be a complete box or oddly shaped. Option to change icon shape is in theme park but it does a poor job and the icons look visually poor and not like original icon shape quality. 
-Settings menu is still too colorful and I think we could go without the circle design around the different options. A more solid white I think looks more appealing. 
-Always on display still don’t see an option for big lettering of the time or in the lock screen settings would love this if possible. 
"Edit" the additional screenshot I sent is how I feel the home screen should look. I mean go ahead comment on which one looks better and more uniform in my opinion it's the lawn chair launcher. 

Overall solid update for the Samy fans and whoever might pick up a Samsung device for the first time. (:

8 Replies
MochaVex
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
UI stabilization still needs a little work, very much improved but still not as fluid as One UI 3..

Animations are also still a bit stuttery and edge lighting is also causing lag as well.
Edge2Edge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I agree!
0 Likes
userAhlPLsQpza
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
How did you get that clock widget? I can't find it but I have seen it showcased everywhere lol
Hustleman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Download Google Clock
Edge2Edge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I purchased NeXt- Android 12 widgets and used KWGT widget maker.
0 Likes
ULTRAMAGNIFICENT
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Where did you get the weather widget? I don't see that option
Edge2Edge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Download NeXt- Android 12 widgets for KWGT. Utilize KWGT I recommend the paid version it's really good! Then just utilize the NeXt widgets. Keep in mind it's like a couple of bucks for both on the play store.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Edge2Edge 

Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes