Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

One UI 4 User feedback/Suggestions

(Topic created: 11-04-2021 09:57 AM)
Tevyn
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
As a person who's been around since Samsung's TouchWiz days, I feel the new direction with One UI is spectacular but there's still more room for improvement. With Beta 4 animations has dramatically improved and many other bugs have been fixed but new ones have occurred. Apps like Twitter and YouTube have major frame drops while scrolling. The favorite stretch animation was removed (hopefully it will be re-enabled by the final version). Some forms of the color palette have been removed. As shown in the first image. The color palette used to apply to this menu but now is back to default. In chats on the messages app, the status bar is now black instead of matching like It does when there's a custom background applied. The notification shade needs to be redesigned to something either similar to stock android or Samsung's twist of that style. We haven't seen a new style of the notification shade since One UI 2, but to give credit where credit is due there have been many improvements to perfect the design and functionality. Another design element that could use a better implementation is the blur effect when you bring down the notifications. With some images or colors, it gives a really strange effect that's not appealing. The Good Lock application is a great idea and way to have users redesign their devices but it shouldn't be an app in my opinion. It should be implemented in the actual settings of the device. For example, the module Quick Star should be in the notifications tab in the settings menu so you could customize the status bar icons, etc. But there are two things in my opinion that I dislike and that is the galaxy store and charging animation. The Galaxy store bothers me due to checking for updates and they don't appear at times then I scroll through the apps and find simple little things that have to be updated so if you could fix that or add a Samsung app page it would be much appreciated. Now the charging animation is not the best I've seen. It's in the center of the screen and blocks stuff have the time. Now I do have to say in beta 4 I've noticed it goes away quicker. But in my opinion, you could utilize the edge lighting to be used as a charging animation. What I would love to see return is the infinity wallpapers that were introduced on the Galaxy S8. It would truly be nice to see the 3 part wallpaper again. We need more colors and choices to customize the AOD. We've seen other companies implement the smooth transition from AOD to lock screen to home screen. Which if you choose the same or similar clock faces you do get a cool little transition from that but the past, I know Samsung is very capable of doing something like that again. With the introduction of the material You we are starting to see Google apps match their backgrounds and all to match our wallpapers and it would be nice to see Samsung do the same in their core apps which again there's no reason it's not possible due to Samsung themes. Some themes change the colors of the core apps or sometimes will add images so it's possible to just add simple colors. I think One UI 4 has great potential even the versions after the initial version. But there's still plenty of work to be done and I think it would be quite a surprise to add little things like that to show this One UI is built to make things personal and perfect for our lifestyles and creativity. 

3 Replies
KingVic
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Great post šŸ‘šŸ¼ well written & i completely agree with it :hundred_points: !
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions

I actually miss the infinity wallpaper from the S8 as well, also the S9 had a very nice dynamic wallpaper by default as well.  If only Samsung would put up all the previous S Series Wallpaper on the theme store for download.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Tevyn ,

Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes