Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 5 (Android 13) Issues

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 09:29 AM)
userpDNBWPaiZa
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I realize that there is a feedback loop for this, however, that isn't present if you withdrawal from the beta program, which I personally couldn't do faster. I figured I'd include it here for review by the user population as well as those in charge of the beta program.

There were three main issues that stopped me from using the beta.

1. Battery drain. This could be very coincidental, but incredibly interesting that it started immediately after updating.

2. There is a goofy issue with the notification shade. When I first unlock my phone, pull down the shade, and try to press on a notification, the shade just closes without the app for the notification opening. I have to re-open the notification shade and press the notification again. This is incredibly annoying if you are specifically opening your phone, then the shade, to check a notification. 

3. Good Lock. Of course, an update for this will come with the final release of Android 13, however, I very much prefer the clock on the right. Without the update, I can't apply that. This is a personal issue, however.

If need be, I do have screen records of issue 2 above and would be willing to provide them. 
13 Replies
moe
Sun
Options
Discussions
It's a beta, it's supposed to have problems. The main issue is that the majority of you join for the new features, not to test the software.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
And whats wrong with that. They open it for everyone not just IT and tech people
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Nothing is wrong with it. It's just that if people don't want to experience bugs, which is completely understandable, they probably should stick to stable builds. Because even with a very good beta build, which this one is, there are going to be bugs. Sorting them out and collecting data is the purpose of the beta.
Maine07
Halo
Options
Discussions
Not me I have no one ui it's corrupt so my only way of using my phone is microsoft launcher 😤
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Funny enough, I find battery life to be better. I find that it's like a 50/50 split on these forums whether people have better or worse battery life.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Same, my battery life has improved, but see others are having the opposite experience
0 Likes
Maine07
Halo
Options
Discussions
I have many errors and crashes if I withdraw will it solve my problems?
0 Likes
Confused980
Comet
Options
Discussions
It's a beta so errors are supposed to happen. Beta program is to have the public try out the new software and new features before the stable build and for users to submit feedback to Samsung. You have to use a PC to go back to one ui 4.0. If you don't like the errors you can always wait for the stable release
0 Likes
LakeRacer4TheWin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Battery life for me is a mixed bag. Standby time has gotten much better but I've noticed when streaming a video or doing something intensive like that the battery seems to drain quicker. My notification items have always worked fine and I have not experienced the issue number 2 you posted above.
0 Likes