Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI Beta

(Topic created: 12-12-2021 10:44 AM)
MSIT2012
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I went with the unlocked Note 20 for frequent and timely updates and the ability to participate in the beta programs but that seems to be a farce. Even using some features are "blocked" supposedly by the carrier. Now the One UI 4 beta should be available but I don't see it. Growing tired of being excluded and about ro move on from the manufacturer and platform for good.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
17 Replies
Options
Discussions
You buy unlocked so its not sim locked. Then you install carrier firmware to get carrier specific features. I do it every year. For beta install xaa then back to carrier specific tmb firmware
0 Likes
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
You are missing his point....
0 Likes
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I think unlocked phones should just get their update regardless of what the carrier want....if you wanted to deal with carrier specifics you would have bought a phone with their firmware installed..
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
This is what samsung said. Yes they do the updates but they have to send them to the carriers to make sure it works properly on that network. So at the end of the day and unlocked phone takes longer cause it has to be insured the updates don't cause problems with the network. If you get an update and it has issues cause it isn't compatible with the network then you run to your carrier or the manufacturer when it is stated it takes time to make sure everything works right. So buying unlocked only gives you an option to choose your carrier not get speedy updates
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I think Samsung should take a page from Apple and control this whole update process ..
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Apple has one phone android has dozens so it doesn't work like that. Apple only manufactured Apple phones. Android has different manufacturers meaning they have to make sure software works for ALL devices not just a certain one
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I am talking about Samsung ....do you get the difference...
What has that go to with software rollout ?
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Samsung is ONE manufacturer that uses Android software which is open source. Apple is closed source meaning they have control over it. Android has to work with different devices. Samsung has no say over Android that's good. ONE UI is a skin put over Android meaning they had to program the software to work with android