Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Overheating

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 11:40 AM)
johnny1974
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Is anyone else experiencing the phone getting warm since the beta 2 came out normally my phone never gets warm even if I play on it all day.
6 Replies
superboxman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes, I have noticed my phone getting warm now, never had it get warm ever before. Also my battery last literally half as long not matter if I'm using my phone or not.

I've never had battery or heat issues before beta 2, but I do now.
Stevekim24
Star
Options
Discussions
I had that issue on the first beta
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Over in Tips, I have a post named, "Apps crashing on your beta - try this" ... might give it a try ...

I know, "apps crashing" is not the same as overheating, however, overheating can be the side effect of apps (think background) stressing the system.Screenshot_20211005-231404_Samsung Members-01_9487.jpg
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Phones cooler for me on beta 2. Using 60hz
0 Likes
Archer818
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Heat issues here as well and battery life actually got worse.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @johnny1974 ,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Please check settings -> Battery and device care -> Graph icon -> App Issue history to see the apps that are constantly crashing. If these apps can we be uninstalled or disabled please temporarily remove them and check if battery life improves.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes