Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Pantom Notifiaction

(Topic created: 08-07-2022 02:53 AM)
CalCorCol
Star
Options
Discussions
I keep getting an notification from "Android System". 

The notification sound goes off every so often but it displays no notification. 
16 Replies
Craig3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Oh my God.

Driving me crazy. Phone keeps getting phantom notifications all night long.

I'm about to throw the phone out the window!
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
It's a beta. What are you expecting as the premise of using a beta means that issues, errors, etc can happen.
0 Likes
Craig3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yeah, thanks.

What I expect is that I am getting annoying sounds that I can't shut off all night long so I posted them here on the forum like I'm supposed to so that the devs can see them.

But thanks for the tip. Just to save you some trouble, people will be posting a lot about bugs here because that's the entire point of a beta.

Rating how annoying the bug is helps the devs know which ones to focus on.

So yes, I fully expect there to be bugs, and I fully expect to keep reporting them. And when I find solutions I will post them as well.

But thanks for your input.
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
You installed a beta knowing what that entails. But also made an emotional comment on the original posted bug about being driven crazy and wanting to throw your phone against the wall having a similar experience, while using beta software.

Then you get defensive. Your first comment wasn't reporting a bug, that was simple online venting in reply to the original reported issue.

You may want to back out of the beta and start over with a fresh UI 4.1 install if you anger this easily
0 Likes
Teknician
Comet
Options
Discussions
It's not part of the beta..
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
This is the beta community, meaning anyone posting here has installed the beta, so how is that not part of this?
0 Likes
Teknician
Comet
Options
Discussions
I mean the issue is not caused by the beta. During my initial setup, well before this beta, I had the same phantom notification. It's a reminder, that needed shut off.
0 Likes
Craig3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Alternate solution:

I'll continue as I do every year, and I'll also make obviously exaggerated humorous posts when I get annoying bugs. And I'll also post when I find solutions to annoying bugs. I won't tell people that they shouldn't participate because I don't like their posts.

But again, thanks for your input.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
That's fine, you could've just added that you had the same bugs and others. Even make error reports too. But thinking that getting emotional over a test software one agrees to use knowing issues can and do come up, is something entirely different.
0 Likes