Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Phone Restarting

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 06:49 AM)
FuzzyLogic
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Phone has restarted twice without notice since 2nd beta update this morning. Once while I was talking on the phone. The second time, the phone was laying on the desk. 
9 Replies
Options
Discussions
Had that issue and a few other problems on beta 1 and a hard reset fixed all of that. It's annoying but worth it sometimes.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
can you talk about the hard reset.. I'm not ignorant or inexperienced, I would just like to know exactly what you did for a hard reset in beta 2 or 1. if I were to do a factory reset right now in beta 2 never mind back up or Smart switch, what would happen?
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
doing a hard reset and setting up my phone again would take me about an hour or less, versus the several WEEKS of my Wi-Fi continuously going out and shutting off all of my devices from the internet and robbing me and my home of communication.
0 Likes
FuzzyLogic
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Hard resets are always a good cure all for most everything, especially OS upgrades. I try to avoid it if possible, it is a pain, but like you say always worth it.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions

Yep!  I've posted this many times. With beta1 and beta2, my phone's been freezing, then reboots automagically  20+ times a day ... it's very random and will do it if I'm doing something on the phone, or if it's been sitting idle on a table by itself. 

USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @FuzzyLogic ,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
FuzzyLogic
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Haven't had any more restarts all day, however, I went through with clearing the cache as suggested. I'll update if it happens again.
I was also having issues with some sort of weird lock screen loop that would eventually lead to a restart when I would try to watch embedded videos in a browser. I'm anxious to see if the Beta 2 fixed this issue, or if the cache clearing will help.
0 Likes
ScottMcB
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I cleared my cache earlier tonight, in hopes of curing the random reboots. Sadly, it just rebooted randomly again.
0 Likes
FuzzyLogic
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Clearing the cache did not solve my issue either, still getting random restarts.
0 Likes