cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Phone running at 41-42*C doing basic browsing and watching YouTube.

(Topic created: 08-29-2022 11:45 AM)
Chavannegans
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
The phone has started to get very hot doing basic tasks yesterday 

like watching YouTube or browsing news stories in the Google News/Discovery feed. 

It's draining about 25% an hour when in use. 

When I first downloaded the Beta last week it worked incredibly. Battery life was up. Smoother and more stable UI. So I'm not here complaining because overall it's been a better experience. 

It's extremely hot to the touch around the cameras with or without a case on. 

I've put apps into deep sleep, removed their permissions, and cleared the cache in the recovery menu. 

I'm home sick today so if anyone has suggestions for me to try while I am stuck here at home I'd appreciate it. 
7 Replies
Av3rag3Jo3
Halo
Options
Discussions
Try downloading the good guardians app in the galaxy store and install thermal guardian. You can see which processes are heating up your phone. This will at least tell you what the issue is. I hope this helpsScreenshot_20220829_115927_Thermal Guardian_1000000215_1661799568.jpg
Chavannegans
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Great idea. Haven't used it before.

Just checked and it says environment.

The phone has been inside in an air conditioned home. Ambient temperature is 72*F with low humidity.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Using Good Guardians, use the app optimizer, then reboot the phone. The optimizer may take a while if it has never been used before.
0 Likes
Chavannegans
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Unless I am missing something here that seems odd. Screenshot_20220829_144551_Thermal Guardian.jpg
Av3rag3Jo3
Halo
Options
Discussions
You can tap the points on the chart and I would until you see an application. This is usually what I use to debug
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
What app are you showing screenshots from
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team