Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Pixel Watch 2 cannot be paired

(Topic created: 10-13-2023 06:57 AM)
WillieRock
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Several of us here in the community are absolutely unable to use our Pixel Watch 2s because of a major issue that exists with the Pixel Watch app for Samsung phone users. 

Speaking for my own case: I have a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and am in the US. While yes, we are "technically" running beta software, the latest update Samsung pushed last week updated the OS to be based on Android 14 stable release code. Take that as you will. 

When opening the Pixel Watch app and choosing the Watch from the list of devices to pair, the app immediately crashes. This behaviour repeats until the OS eventually presents a prompt that the app has an issue and offers to clear app cache/data. This doesn't fix it. 

Troubleshooting steps tried include:
- Rebooting phone
- Rebooting watch
- Toggling BT
- Factory resetting Watch (twice!)
- Reinstalling PW app
- Clearing PW app cache/data
- Checking for OS updates on phone
- Fully charging Watch + attempting setup on charger (35W USB-C adapter)

I am able to go into Bluetooth settings on my phone and pair the Watch outside of the app, however when I do this and go back into the app it doesn't recognise the watch is paired at all.

0 Likes
7 Replies
WillieRock
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Error presented by One UI. The error seems to be misleading, though, as others have reported trying other non-Samsung devices and the Watches pair just fine. -ygn3nc_1000011884_1697170492.jpg
0 Likes
Mikeyr305
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Pixel is part of google. This a beta for Samsung not Google. Come back when you have au a stable version.
NoneYa916
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Samsung has not released Android 14 as stable yet for anyone so you are not just "technically" running a beta you are 100% running a beta.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

During beta program, the software is not yet certified by Google, and therefore some Google secure services may not work. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time.
We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userjLFZQyYsDz
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
same here cant。wait
0 Likes
kbboykin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

anybody leaving the beta to be able to pair their pixel watch 2?

0 Likes
kbboykin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Today I installed Beta 3 and was able to successfully pair the watch to my Galaxy S22 5G

0 Likes