Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Please enable two-way call recording

(Topic created: 10-16-2022 03:05 AM)
userNSZ3NUsTsH
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Dear Samsung, I am requesting that Samsung please enable the hidden and forcibly disabled two way call recording function.

My understanding is that Samsung intentionally disabled it for people here in the United States because of call recording legalities, which I understand, however I'm asking that Samsung to please leave the legalities of call recording up to those that wish to use the function.

I have ran into situations where a single phone call could be over 3 hours long and require me to remember and or attend to important information given on that call and I find it impossible to remember all the information given, with the call recording function enabled I can simply replay the recording of the call and all the information given on that call is available to me.

According to my local police department which I have asked in advance Call recording in California as in my case is legal and can be used in court as long as both parties are notified they are being recorded, what the information will be used for and all parties agree to being recorded that being said, please give us the option to enable and or disable call recording at our discretion, after all it is up to us what we do with that information, and we the users take all the risk legality wise. 

Samsung would just need put up a disclaimer that the user would have to acknowledge before enabling the function that we the user are solely responsible for any and all legalities defined in the laws of the state in which they reside relating to call recording. 

As for me as well as others I'm sure however I only speak for myself in this case but I'm sure there are situations where call recording would be beneficial, take users with disabilities as an example, so I believe I should have the option to choose whether or not I want to use the function, so I am asking Samsung to please allow the function to be toggled on and off in the phone settings menu and please add a quick toggle to the incall options menu rather than forcibly removing it or disabling it entirely.

I thank Samsung in advance for seriously considering this request.
5 Replies
user4rW5yfVqkR
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
samsung is too commercial to do something like that in the US. however, there are ways to enable it
0 Likes
shia_friedman
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
How can I enable it?
0 Likes
AL54
Star
Options
Discussions
I have found that 'Cube ACR' works well... I record every one of my calls here in Texas, just for the reason you highlighted.
Options
Discussions
It was disabled by Google on the OS level, not Samsung. For now you'll need another recording device to record calls
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes