Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Problem with SIM change

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 01:06 PM)
userdyXA2CWfZg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Unlocked S21 Ultra on t-mobile, and latest beta. Put in a prepaid Verizon SIM. Connects fine to network (calls make phone ring, email arrives with WIFI off). The usual banner comes up about phone needs to restart with new SIM but no restart happens and the banner prevents the access of anything on the screen.
5 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Restart manually ?
userdyXA2CWfZg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes I tried that but same issue. So put back old sim and it works fine. But would like to have sim swap work!
0 Likes
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
I haven't changed Sims, but I occasionally get a "sim not registered" or something like that on my S21 Ultra. I'm assuming it's a bug from Beta 3.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userdyXA2CWfZg ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

A reboot with Verizon SIM only sets up Verizon user data on device. If network is configured properly and you are not interested in Verizon apps you can leave it as it is. Please do double check if you SMS/MMS work fine too along with your internet.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userdyXA2CWfZg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I submitted an error report just now. Re the issue, the phone is unusable as the message about the sim seems to javelin all focus. Unable to dismiss it nor access any app. So replaced the sim with the original
0 Likes