Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Problems with beta

(Topic created: 11-23-2021 04:08 PM)
Airlid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm really curious why some people have such severe issues with the beta and i'm having no problems at all, we are all running the same hardware.
9 Replies
mrdobolina
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I would venture to guess that it is due to the fact that everyone uses their devices differently. For example, I use my device primarily for work purposes, so there may be apps and processes that I use (which may require more from the device software and/or hardware) that you do not, and vice versa.

0 Likes
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Discussions
I was wondering the same thing to a certain extent. Especially with just basic things. It is working well for me also, so it just makes me wonder if "some" that are on the beta are new users, and are converted from other platform devices, and that not aren't used to android, especially Samsung. Samsung skin is the most involved of all the Android devices, and while they are cool, there's inherently more that would make a person think about not running a beta.
0 Likes
Spicoli_SGT
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Or on the other hand you could think of it this way.. I've been using Samsung exclusively since the Galaxy S3 in 2012 and having so much time spent using their products makes it that much easier for me to pick out things going wrong šŸ¤·ā€:male_sign:
0 Likes
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Discussions
True, true. Same here I started with the note 1.. But who knows. I just have seen in groups and even in the beta, a lot of people asking and saying things that are very beginner things as far as android(aka Samsung skin). And that's fine, and honestly, I still ask some goofy questions, out of forgetfulness. But i couldn't have imagined myself trying to run a beta build when I first switched to Samsung devices. It seems exciting to get an early version of software, but there are so many things that "can" run awry.
0 Likes
Stldelsol
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Different circles.. When i got my 1st android i rooted it and went to cfw. I miss nightly builds of cm šŸ˜‘ But definitely agree, there is a lot of interest in public betas when not fully understanding what a beta is. Tho gotta love they still like their device enough to join in. And as mentioned some may use their devices differently so notice different bugs.
0 Likes
GrymeJr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
my home screen crashes every 5/10 seconds

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/wFLPQnDelfyi
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Airlid ,

Every member uses the device differently and sets it up for their preference. This change in setup is what affects issues experienced on the device. Setup change could be anything from Good lock customization to 3rd party apps being used on the device and such.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Airlid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
That makes your job kind of difficult, doesn't it.
0 Likes
sbllbs
Halo
Options
Discussions
That's why bug reports are so important but even the bug reporting has been problematic lately for some reason.
0 Likes