Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

RCS Messages

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 08:39 PM)
Options
Discussions
So what is happening with Samsung Messages? Is Samsung going to work with Google and the carriers to get RCS working sometime soon in the US or are they just going to make Google Messages the default in the US? I'm hoping they can bring RCS messaging to SM bc the UI is so much better. 
0 Likes
10 Replies
EonDrache
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'd like them to get rcs to samaung messages but I think they gave up. Google messages now has a samsung specific version.
0 Likes
WoofahRayet
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thank you for mentioning the Samsung specific app. I had totally forgotten about that.
0 Likes
dragonbyrd0
Explorer
Options
Discussions
I believe @EonDrache is correct. I have scoured the web. I have a factory unlocked S2+ and still no chat. Could someone post a screenshot of the chat settings in native messages app so we know it is real. The bad part is Samsung messages is cleaner prettier app
0 Likes
cusuco
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I had rcs messages In android 11 using samsung messages
0 Likes
DJSTORMX
Halo
Options
Discussions
Sprint and t-mobile phones already have RCS built into Samsung messages
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Discussions
Is that only for carrier locked phones on T-Mobile? My previous phone was T-Mobile carrier locked and had RCS, my current S21 Ultra is unlocked on T-Mobile and does not
0 Likes
3pcssuits
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Unlocked phones are having issues using the chat feature in the factory messaging app, this is a know issue that Samsung and the carriers need to work out. If RCS is need download https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/messenger-google-inc/messenger-google-inc-9-6-016-release/ and use the Samsung dynamic option. It looks exactly like the stock messanger. This site is legit and don't worry about viruses and what not, may have to download an app called APKmirror installer on the playstore.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I tried this but I couldn't get it to work right. Force stopping the app got the One UI banner at the top but I couldn't swipe up to scroll unless I swiped up from the search bar and even then it was still showing the stock Google Messages UI.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @RoseKilledJackDawson ,

RCS does work on Carrier locked devices , we are working on making it available to Samsung unlocked devices.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes