cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Randomly switches apps when touching the bottom of the screen.

(Topic created: 12-15-2021 04:43 PM)
Astif_Caulkinyeras
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
My Fold 3 sometimes randomly switches to a different app when I touch the bottom of the screen. This happens on the inside and outside screens and on both the official and beta softwares. I have swipe gestures turned on.
Does this happen to anyone else?
4 Replies
Spicoli_SGT
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Settings->Display->Navigation Bar->Switch apps when hint hidden.

This setting allows you to swipe left and right at the bottom of the display to switch between apps. It's happened to me once or twice unexpectedly when I wasn't trying to do so, but not a lot. I have switched on the option under that, show button to hide keyboard, to raise the keyboard up slightly off the bottom because that's when it was happening to me the most, when hitting the space bar and accidentally dragging my finger slightly
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Astif_Caulkinyeras ,

When gestures are enabled, if you swiped at bottom left corner of the screen, it will switch to a previous app. 

Please change swipe gestures to swipe from bottom instead of swipe from sides and bottom and see if the same issue happens.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
bcreighton
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I can confirm this issue. I've been using gesture based navigation since it became available in One UI 3.1.

This is a glitch in the system that doesn't require an actual swipe. This has happened while typing. Any contact in the gesture area can cause this switch.

It's also not a switch to the most recent app. I've had it go 5-10 apps in history with no animation, it's truly a snap and I find myself wondering what happened.

This is on the 3rd beta release.
Members_hQHeozH
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Same! It's happening a lot I'm surprised that I haven't heard many raise this issue 

0 Likes