Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Regret ever joining the Beta

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 05:20 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
I regret ever joining the beta testing. I honestly never thought it would be this bad.I have the s21+ and it crashes and resets constantly and gets extremely hot. My phone is becoming pretty unusable. I can't withdraw and revert back due to not having a computer and there are no Samsung stores anywhere here. I'm stuck with a phone I can barely use now unless I trade it in. I will never join these Betas again. I'm extremely **bleep** I destroyed my phone by doing this. 
25 Replies
Dhawk1202
Comet
Options
Discussions
This is just strange... I have had none of the issues anyone is posting in this forum on my s21 ultra TMobile. Couple of slow downs at first but everything is buttery smooth now. Sorry you're having trouble with yours but hang in there. Go through the tips thread and make sure you've tried all of them is all I can say.
TheDoug
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I have had zero issues with s21 ultra on Verizon.

Have you tried a factory reset after you updated to the beta? Like dhawk said, there are some posts around that might help.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Yeah, I get 40+ "freeze then reboots" a day. Very random ... usually when I'm in an app doing something. However, it does reboot 3-4 times overnight while I'm sleeping.

With beta2, battery life got worse.

I get random "xxx app crashed" while I'm working in an unrelated app.

Anyway, I'll trudge thru it ... I've done these betas for quite a while.

To the OP:
I have a post in Tips:
Apps crashing on your beta - try this

Give it a go and see if it helps any

Also, as far as a PC or laptop goes, how about a friend, or family, or at work or school, or the local library, or Best Buy, ad nauseum ?Screenshot_20211005-231404_Samsung Members-01_9487.jpg
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
Zero issues here. On T-mobile network and unlocked from Samsung. The best tip for beta testing is to never do it on your main phone. It's not worth the risk.
C4RR1LL0
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Only one issue here but I can live with it, GPAY, other then that, nothibg to report, looking good
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Use Samsung Pay
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
i use gpay on my smartwatch now since it stop working on phone or Samsung pay works as well
lowbar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have 12 to 15 reboots a day which is aggravating. Everything else seems to be okay, including battery life. It is strange that we are not all seeing the same issues. I have an unlocked phone and have service from Cricket (AT&T). Let's hope Beta 3 brings us some relief.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Much of it is

* how a person's phone is configured (Settings-wise)

* if the person performs maintenance on their phone

* the apps that are installed

For that last bullet point, I just recently read two different posts (and actually the posts are back to back) where both folks uninstalled Facebook, and in doing so, resulted in a phone where performance and reliability increased, and app crashes and reboots were decreased.

What's interesting is you and I see frequent "freeze / reboots" and have a common theme:
I use Consumer Cellular, using an AT&T network SIM card šŸ‘:beer_mug: