Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Regret ever joining the Beta

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 09:43 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
I regret ever joining the beta testing. I honestly never thought it would be this bad.I have the s21+ and it crashes and resets constantly and gets extremely hot. My phone is becoming pretty unusable. I can't withdraw and revert back due to not having a computer and there are no Samsung stores anywhere here. I'm stuck with a phone I can barely use now unless I trade it in. I will never join these Betas again. I'm extremely **bleep** I destroyed my phone by doing this. 
Dhawk1202
Comet
Options
Discussions
Agreed . If you must use Facebook, use the browser instead and get rid of all Facebook service's. Since the existence of that app on Android it's been a battery and performance hog ! Wait until after the beta to download app again
0 Likes
lowbar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Ok, I just deleted Facebook and all related services. Not a big loss. I restarted. We'll see if that helps.
userRLeriudl3d
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I've been having frequent random restarts since the beginning of the beta. Cleared system cache, repaired apps, (many times) even factory reset, and nothing made it stop. Finally uninstalled Facebook and Messenger based on other comments suggesting it. This morning I had ~5 reboots in the span of a few hours. I'm 5-6hrs into having Facebook/Messenger uninstalled without any reboots. Could be unrelated to uninstall, but after doing this it's been a lot smoother than it's been since the beta update
0 Likes
Scottthreet45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
this is odd do you have good cell service.

I have the odd phone stroke or 2 every once in a while.

or navigation goes sideways and the only option is restart the phone.

I would uninstall the afflicted apps and reinstall.

most everything on my unlocked s21 ultra 512 gig has been great

I too am like it least its android 12 ui 4

not having gpay is a setback but you can pay using checking account

I'm also on Verizon
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I had some issues on Beta 1 like battery, secure folder and minor slowdowns but a factory reset took care of that. I just uninstalled Facebook and disabled whatever Facebook leftovers I saw like Facebook services and see how much more battery will improve. I'm perfectly fine with using a browser shortcut.
Legendere
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I haven't had too many issues on my T-Mobile S21 Ultra apart from the laggy animations, ghost apps when swiping away in the recent apps, and G-pay not working. All I've done so far was disable Facebook apps and clear the cached partition. Clearing the cache partition usually resolves a lot of the issues and it's a practice I use whenever there's a large update.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Never install a beta if it's your only and primary device.
LakeRacer4TheWin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Beta 2 working great here as well. I'm not sure why some phones seem to have more issues than others. Screen speed and battery life have been great. I've never had a crash reboot but a few apps like my files have crashed a couple times. What you are experiencing would not be fun, hopefully they address it in the next release.
MFrizel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've had some stability issues initially with beta 1 and beta 2 which made the phone hard to use consistently. I rolled it back to the original software which required a factory reset and I have reinstalled the beta. I did factory reset with the beta 2 and since I haven't had any major issues of freeing or locking that I've had before. I've turned off Always on display, using 60hz on FHD and battery life has been amazing since.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
I ended up wiping the cache partition this morning. I haven't had any issues since but if it starts again I'll try the factory reset and look at the post that was mentioned.