Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Remastering Issue in Gallery

(Topic created: 11-01-2021 04:46 PM)
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've used this feature often while on beta. Today is the first time seeing this white area on the after side. On top of that, there's no option to save. There are only 10 pictures in my gallery that has this issue. Anyone else experience this?

Edits:
-Wiping app data didn't fix it.
-Wiping cashe in recovery didn't fix it.
-Repairing apps in recovery didn't fix it.
-Yes, I have submitted a report.

0 Likes
8 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
No issue here, 21 Ultra Unlocked.

If you haven't, see how this works:

Exit Gallery

(phone) Settings > Apps > Gallery

Force Stop, lower right

Storage, Clear Cache
Storage, Clear Data

Exit out

Fire up Gallery and see if there's any improvement

BTW, it's not good to constantly charge a phone to 100%
0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Discussions
Sorry to sound like a noob. I should have mentioned that wiping cashe & data did not help.

Not worried about charging to 100%. I'll have the latest flagship Galaxy in a year. 2 at the latest. I don't leave the charger connected after a full charge.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I added another maintenance chore to try - see below

The charging thing. Always best to only charge to 80-85% , otherwise battery longevity suffers.

There's even a new setting for A12.4 to stop charging at 85% !
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Okay then, next up (if you g haven't done this, but should every now and then):

=====
Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.

... retry ...
0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'll edit my OP. Again apologies for failing to mention that I've done that already. I appreciate your efforts.

I don't care about the battery longevity. I'll have a new device long before it's a concern. But again, thanks.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @OffDatGoGo ,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.  Screen shot looks like a corrupted image. Can you try pulling the images with this issue  from phone to a pc and see if image is shown properly on PC ?

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Discussions
Here's the image accessing it via USB cable from my S21U to my HP laptop. 20211102_154502_22492.jpg
0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Discussions
This only happens in the remastering section. The more I move the before/after side the more the after side is white. Plus no save option. Screenshot_20211102-154656_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211102-154635_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211102-154700_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211102-154706_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes