Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

S21 Ultra usb device not recognized

(Topic created: 11-19-2021 08:58 AM)
Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Hi, I updated to latest Android 12, and I don't know if that has to do anything with it, but now when I connect my phone via USB-C on my PC and want to transfer some files, It keeps saying USB device not recognized. I unlocked dev. and enable usb debbuging, but still same. I even try usb-c to usb-a cable same problem. Any suggestion ?

P.S

It was showing option on notification swipe for charge only, file tranfser, midi... but now it is only charging. Cable is data transfer 100%

16 Replies
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Hi do you not see this option on your pulldown?

an unrecognized usb device might be a driver issue on your PC. I'm still able to connect and view my internal storage just fine. Try Samsung Dex maybe on the PC it might fix your unrecognized device issue on your PC.

unknown-2_13987_1637341018.pngunknown-26_13988_1637341022.pngScreenshot_20211119-115302_Nova7_13986_1637340782.jpg
0 Likes
Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

My brother have S21, and same thing. I also tried on laptop with fresh installed windows 10 with latest updates. And it only charge phone, not offering file transfer and other options.

I didn't use file transfer for a while now. But I remember on this same windows and same PC it was working just fine, because I was transfering some apps on it.

EDIT:

Now when I plug usb-c in my PC this time it offer me file transferring files / android auto, usb tethering, midi, fransferring images, charging phone only. But notification keeps poping out on windows that usb device not recognized. And in device manager there is question mark on SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device. I tried to uninstall it from device manager. And did some other stuff but nothing helped.

0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I don't have windows 10 currently on 11. It might be the auto play device settings as well.

Normally on a first time plug in you get a brief pop up in the lower right on what actions you want when the device is plugged in on Windows and sometimes if you never choose one it never pop up again.

You can try checking in settings on your PC, search devices. and look under a setting called Auto play and see if your phone is listed there and change the setting to ie open device to view files or ask me every time.

This is assuming you have fixed the unrecognized device issue though.

I would try installing Samsung Dex on the PC it might fix the unrecognized device issue.

edit
you can also try updating the drivers
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Samsung-Mobile-USB-Composite-Device-Driver-Crash...
0 Likes
Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I tried with that driver too. It also reports usb device not recognized. This is one major problem with Samsung. Two S21 series phones, on two different machines with same problem.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Just did, with detailed description. I just wonder will I get as usual on that report some generic answer like "Do factory reset" or something like that or actually something meaningful.

P.S

Just to mention my TV model: UE43TU7102KXXH (with latest firmware) is finally working normal with DeX on my S21 Ultra (with latest update, Android 12) it's smooth and normal without lag. Don't know if the problem was with phone or TV, but my brother on S21 had same problem, and it's fixed for both of us now. It took them few months to fix it but they finally did it. And that's just one of many bugs I reported in samsung member app.

0 Likes
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've been having this problem since I had the Galaxy Note20 5G Ultra and now my S21 Ultra 5G. I've posted a couple of topics about it.

Yours may not be recognizing because it's possible that it may need to be formatted alyhough IT'S PROPERLY formatted already.

Just a thought
0 Likes
Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I manage to get work via Trasferring images and I can delete or trasfer image on my PC. But when I select Trasferring Files / Android Auto or charging phone only it instantly gives me message usb device not recognized.

0 Likes
Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Anyone knows ?

0 Likes