Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

S21 plus One Ui 4 update

(Topic created: 11-24-2021 01:24 AM)
userINxYxlzm5T
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Hello, this is actually a follow up from a recent post. I have been waiting for about a week now for the Android 12 (One Ui 4) update to come to my unlocked Samsung Galaxy s21 plus, but so far NO LUCK!!! I was told in my previous post to wait until Tuesday the 23rd which is when it will most probably come out for me...funny thing is that my brother has the exact same phone I do and was awoken on the 23rd to the official Android 12 update, but I wasn't. Please help as I now think that there may be an issue with my phone because I have been constantly checking and I still haven't gotten anything. Btw, my phone is not rooted or on a beta program of any sort
0 Likes
7 Replies
usereVKlXDm6M4
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I don't think there's an issue with your phone, Samsung has always been inconsistent with pushing updates. Give your phone a restart and check back under the software update section in settings. If you still haven't received the update, just give it a few more days.
0 Likes
MeerModi
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
There are a some bugs in one ui 4 maybe they won't sent it to unlock devices until they fix those idk I have S21 even I didn't get it.
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Discussions
The new update has to be APPROVED by your carrier. If you're carrier is a piggyback carrier the release will depend on the main carrier.

AT&T "seems" to be the ONLY carrier that has fully released the Android 12 One UI 4.0 update. T-Mobile has daily limits and haven't read Verizon has released the update or not.

I could of be wrong, if so, I STAND CORRECTED beforehand.

Happy Thanksgiving!
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
What carrier do you have? I have an unlocked s21+ and I got it at 6am on the 22nd. I do have Verizon so maybe whoever you have service through is just taking longer to send it to the unlocked devices.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
if you're T-Mobile, you're waiting like I am...and the date moved to the 25th, per a beta moderator
seano0o
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Thanks for the heads up
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userINxYxlzm5T ,

All Unlocked devices should  be able to receive One UI 4 update at this time.  Update was opened for carriers in two separate rounds based on CSC which may have caused some of users to receive an update before others.

Please call us at 1-800-726-7864 if you are still unable to update to One UI 4. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes