cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

SAMSUNG FIX YOUR SYSTEM LOG REPORTING!?!?

(Topic created: 11-24-2020 02:32 PM)
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions

Is anyone else getting these bogus responses from Samsung? It's literally starting to make me mad. 

I'm tired of the false and wildly misleading statements I'm receiving from Samsung. My phone crashed multiple times the other day. Yes it was while I was trying to play a game, but the phone continued to freak out for almost an hour. Crashing and turning off three separate times. You're gonna tell me that was from a game? Did the game trigger my SOS Feature and send my GPS location to my friends and family along with pictures and an audio recording? Did it send the text suing I need help when in fact I didn't? Because if you're telling me that a third party app, PUBG, could wreak that much havoc on the Note 20 Ultras system, so much so that it crashed multiple times, restarted the phone multiple times, continued to lack the ram capacity to handle the most basic of tasks and continue like this for about an hour... Then I think you have a very very serious problem Samsung. 

Also, what's up with these bogus system data log reports need to be sent messages? I've literally always sent a log every single time I've made a report. Hell Samsung, three times an error report with system logs were sent by the phone itself because the phone realized it had crashed and it prompted me to send a report with the system log! The phone told me to send a system log and I did. The point is I've sent multiple systems logs and always received a sent successfully message. Yet I keep getting messages from you saying I need to "send an error report with a system log". 

I think you guys need to start paying more attention to how you collect this log data and not push a notification saying that an error system log report was successfully sent when or if in fact it wasn't. That's the problem. You guys are complaining ot us about not sending the logs. Well most of us are and doing so successfully might I add. So why aren't you guys receiving the logs on your end? 
18 Replies
note20user777
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I agree. every feedback that I send has a green check mark with the system data log attached. and still I get the same statement as you stated above from Samsung. they got to be better than this
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
Exactly! They don't seem to understand our end is saying it's sent. If they're not receiving the data logs then yes theres a problem. Instead of constantly telling us, 'hey you didn't send the data logs..' when we did then let's fix that problem so they can fix the big issues at hand that so e of us are having!
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @USCG1992 ,

We agree third party apps like PUBG should not be wreaking havoc on device.An issue such as a memory leak or similar could slow down device considerably but should be fine after a reboot. 

As for log missing from error reports, it is true that we did not receive logs for that error report from you, it is not us being lazy Smiley Sad   Deadlock we have is dev team asking for logs to fix an issue where issue itself is logs are not being uploaded.We are doing our best internally to resolve the issue but issue does happen sometimes to our beta members. 

Regards

One Ui Beta Team

SpencerM
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
thanks for an informed and valid reply! we appreciate the effort!
0 Likes
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
An informed reply would be acknowledging that there are problems with the data logs being sent. They still haven't despite the fact that many people have complained to them. Once we fix that problem then they can begin God's work and make this system amazing!
0 Likes
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
Again

clipboard_image_1606325172275_1606325172275.jpg

0 Likes
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
Hello USBetaModerator,

Thank you for your response.

We are in agreement that apps like PUBG should not have caused the problems with my device and what I experienced. As you mentioned the memory leak issue, I agree it should have fixed itself after the reboot. However, it continued for about a hour and the phone shut down and reset itself 3 separate times. Not to mention the SOS Features being triggered that you did not mention. That is what concerns me. Never mind all of the data I lost because of the resets.

I want to be very clear, I did not say that you were being "Lazy" so don't put words in my mouth.

All I'm saying is we, the end users, are telling you that we are sending the data logs. You are telling us that you're not getting the data logs. We, the end users, are getting pushed notifications telling us that the logs were sent successfully. You are telling us we didn't send the logs. We the end users are now complaining because we're tired of being told we haven't sent the logs when we have. You keep telling us to send the data logs.
0 Likes
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
This is why we're upset. This is why it's agitating. Just as I'm sure it is for you guys! If you're not getting the data logs, how are you supposed to fix the problems right?? We get that guys!
0 Likes
note20user777
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
this is crazy. either it's a system generated response or someone's not paying attention. either way we're frustrated. God help us.