Comet
Options
Discussions
Future Reference... 

■-System optimization & Reliability 
■-improve battery life 
■-Social media apps integration
■-Improve animations

Hear me out!! I think Samsung will be the next HTC if they really don't work on these most important things. we don't really need more features, in the other hand when it comes to hardware Samsung already have the one of the best hardware if not the best. in my opinion Samsung have a bottle neck between it's hardware and software. don't get me wrong, Samsung's One UI is the best overall android skin. but when you got Apple as a competitor. u gotta think wisely. in fact I don't think Samsung is gaining customers as much as people switching to apple. 

#Team_Samsung

Disclaimer: I'm not apple fan at all its just the truth. Apple is in the safe side, I dont know about Samsung's future in the smart phones market.

17 Replies
userKZgnI86lTk
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I second this!

Honestly, if they can make my device(S22U) last over a day with normal business use like my friends with the iPhone 13 pro max that would be a great start. This is basically just email, slack, zoom/google meet, and phone calls.

Its not like Samsung doesn't have sway in the android market or with app makers. They need to punch at their weight and get the developers to optimize the apps for Android. It will not only help their phones, but more importantly help the Android ecosystem.
0 Likes
Jeffrey777
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I can get a full day of usage even at just 85 % with protect battery on with my base model s22 it depends on the day on how much I use it but it usually lasts all day
0 Likes
checkthamethod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
You are an outlier
0 Likes
Av3rag3Jo3
Halo
Options
Discussions
@checkthamethod I'm not sure what apps you have running but I have always on VPN, private DNS, WQHD, adaptive refresh, AOD, and processing at maximum and I easily get always get 6 hours of screen on time which is about a day. I also turned of game optimization. I would have to disagree with you saying that the S22U is typically less than a day phone.
0 Likes
checkthamethod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm not sure if you know but iPhones get better screen on time WITH smooth animations without having to do anything extra to it, with a much smaller battery. Sure, Android isn't owned by Samsung but that's not our problem to figure out. We want Samsung to be just as good, if not better than their main competition in all aspects without us having to do a bunch of workarounds.
Av3rag3Jo3
Halo
Options
Discussions
Iphones have the best screen on time in the market. My fiance has an iPhone 13 pro and it is really smooth. I'm just saying that 6 hours is more than enough for me considering how many more features samsung offers. I have been missing the reduce animations that are crossfade on my s22u. Currently using nova and it is very smooth even on this beta. Overall, I agree with you and it is no easy task for an android manufacturer but Samsung can do it. Not sure if you have noticed but snapchat is SOOO much better now. If they can push snapchat to improve I think they can keep going with other app developers. I am happy that samsung is constantly competing with Apple and I'm excited for what comes. notch-haircut-man-child_1000000355_1663615941.jpg
checkthamethod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I agree. I believe if anybody can do it, Samsung can. I don't want them to be afraid to take philosophies from other companies like Apple and Xiaomi. We got plenty of features at the moment. We just need some of the small things added and a ton of optimizations. Let's hope the next few betas run even smoother! 🤞🏾
userKZgnI86lTk
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
That's great, TBH. I am really glad it works for you. It is the ultimate productivity powerhouse but doesnt have the battery life to my liking. Here is how my day goes:
Phone starts at 100% when I leave the car at the train station. The ride is about 1 hour long on the north east corridor of the US. Almost every 5 miles or so the phone is toggling between 4G LTE, 5G, and 5G UW (Verizon's high speed 5G). I am answering emails and have my galaxy buds pro on listening to podcasts/news/music. By the time I reach Penn Station the phone is around 85%. My daily stand up on Zoom starts around that time. I walk from Penn Station to the subway/metro station about a 5 minute walk with video on. Waiting at the station and then switching to a phone call that keeps dropping out in the subway and reconnecting. Another 5 minutes. Battery is around 75-80%. A 10 minute walk to the office with music on ... end up around 75%. While all of this is happening, I am answering slack messages, emails, etc. We have had about 1.5 hours of screen on time so far. Once I am at the office, it's sporadic texting, whatsapp, phone calls with colleagues... maybe like an hour of screen on time. I also browse the internet, watch netflix/YouTube during lunch or do a video call home. Another hour of screen on time, battery is around 55%. By the time i am back on the subway in the evening around 5:30-6 I have had about an additional 1-2 hours of slack, phone calls, emails on the go (I am one of those annoying folks who walks around the office a lot, so my phone is my connection to the workplace communication platform). In addition to this, I am answering messages from family on whatsapp. The battery is around 10%. It basically ends up dying by the time my train ride back home starts and I connect the phone to the battery pack.

Overall I must have around 5 hours of screen on time with around 3 hours with the headphones on, and my galaxy watch 4 connected to the phone throughout.

Compare this to my friend's 13 pro max with the air pods pro and apple watch and almost the same schedule, the phone is around 35-40%.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Not really sure how Samsung could be the next HTC considering how HTC was only the top dog because of circumstance and crumbled as soon as they had serious competition
0 Likes