Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

SIM Manager still has limited options in Beta 4

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 10:03 AM)
UnknownBug
Halo
Options
Discussions
Nothing really changed so far since beta 1.
The SIM Manager does not give us the option to choose default SIM for voice/text and data separately. This is a basic function that is available even on the lowest tier dual SIM phones.
11 Replies
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
I figured out why it works for me and not you. I'm using what I believe is the standard dialer from the Google Play store - actually it's a beta from the Google Play store.

You should be able to download that dialer.

0 Likes
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions

Not sure this is being monitored post-beta.  But, it appears that the eSIM implementation is even worse in the stable release.

With the stable release, switching from one SIM to another in the SIM manager (sometimes even just changing an active SIM to inactive) causes a reboot of the phone.  Sometimes you have to do two reboots - once when you turn a SIM off, and again when you turn another one on.   Here is what the message looks like:

rdinsf_0-1637171938906.jpeg

Once that message appears, you can't change your mind and cancel, you have to reboot.

In months of using the beta this reboot message did not appear, but it appears regularly with the stable version.  It is a royal PITA and of course slows things down.    

0 Likes