cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Samsung Messages RCS.....if ever???

Agree. Case in point Samsung messages for T-Mobile has RCS even works with non Samsung devices.
Highlighted
Beta Moderator

Re: Samsung Messages RCS.....if ever???

Hello,

RCS is currently available for T-Mobile, Sprint and ATT consumers. We are working with other carriers to provide functionality on our devices.

Regard

One Ui Beta Team

Highlighted
Asteroid

RCS using Samsung Messages isn't enabling the same RCS features such as Facebook Messenger or Google Messages. I have the Sprint S20+ 5G
Highlighted
Galaxy

RCS is missing many features. Are you guys planning on rolling out reacting to messages at some point to go along with RCS or is the RCS you are releasing strictly for read receipts, typing indicators, and larger messages, pics and vids?
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hello, I'd like to give more insights on this, not as an Samsung Care Ambassador but as an experienced customer...

While RCS IS available for T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T, it isn't enabled/available for us on unlocked (U1) firmware. We have to resort to using hidden codes to enable it (which doesn't always work so well) and/or use third party apps to get this working, which is kinda unsatisfactory.

Furthermore, we need Samsung to step it up a bit and point us to the Jibe RCS servers. They already exist and are ready to use for these carriers (and others such as Verizon.) I have seen some carriers such as US Cellular or Sprint use Jibe while others lack true chat features.

It is exhausting and disappointing that such a simple feature that is ready to use with minimal efforts needed from Samsung's end hasn't been implemented for years! I've participated in many different betas for Samsung's flagships and have requested this each and every single time.

Please, it will only take the dev team a few minutes to get this in for us and as a result will make many users more than happy to natively have RCS/Chat features that actually work.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have Sprint (AKA T-mobile) and It works perfectly with RCS and I'm using Samsung messages
Highlighted
Asteroid

My device is an Sprint device as well. Are you able to provide a screenshot of RCS using Samsung messages in action, please?

Such as reacting to comments an such?
Highlighted
Galaxy

@Polo8403
that's the issue is samsung may have RCS and is still rolling it out but they lack all the features. You can't react to messages which is a big downfall for samsung messages. I guess it may be possible when it's an RCS standard but for now I think it's google messages standard you just have to have RCS as well
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

https://youtu.be/NrufyCrVYkU Hey guys I found a video that helps activate RCS on your unlock phone I have a s20 ultra unlock using T-mobile as my provider and I was able to activate RCS
Highlighted
Asteroid

I was just about to post same video lol. This got it working for me