cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung did not fix the scrolling lag in stable release.

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 02:43 PM)
ruskin
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
We have posted on this community numerous times stating that there is a bug with the adaptive refresh rate dropping from 120Hz to 60Hz when scrolling through any app, and Samsung decided not to fix this and push it out on "stable" release of One UI 4. This issue makes the phone feel extremely laggy when scrolling, since the display will stay at 120Hz ONLY when your finger is still on the display. As soon as you lift your finger the refresh rate drops to 60Hz leaving the scrolling animation to appear very laggy/sluggish. This should have been fixed by now and definitely should have not made it to final release. Where is the internal testing on this one? 
10 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Known issue

I suspect Samsung decided to not include it, though they stated it would be in GA
0 Likes
ruskin
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
What reason could Samsung give to justify not including a patch for this issue? It will severely degrade anyone's first experience with One UI 4 because their phone will feel slower/laggier than before. Even if it took Samsung another week to release stable One UI 4 to fix this, they should have done that.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
we know there's a reason, just not likely a good one
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Ask Samsung šŸ™‚
0 Likes
Mello_o
Comet
Options
Discussions
That is Only USA Galaxy S21 models seem to be affected https://www.sammobile.com/news/android-12-on-the-galaxy-s21-has-a-lag-issue/
KevinS420
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Yes im in beta still and have samsung s21 ultra metropcs/Tmobile USA unlocked and i notice the lag
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
In the interim, you can grab the Galaxy Max Hz app from XDA to force 120 Hz always (when the screen is on). It hasn't affected battery life for me and has 90% fixed the issue for me.

However I don't want to have to rely on a third party app/hack to fix such a basic, fundamental feature.Screenshot_20211117-174318_Galaxy Max Hz_43262_1637188999.jpg
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Reminds me of One UI 1's (official release) for my S9+. Its tendency to freeze and involuntarily play my music on the loudspeaker with my headphones plugged in.. volume buttons, power, everything was locked in the process.

That embarrassed me so many times in class.

QA should have higher standards
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @ruskin ,

We are very sorry about the 120Hz issue still being present on official update. We have put in fixes to help with the issue in official software BUK7 but some users are still experiencing this issue. we have escalated this issue internally as impact is for a large amount of users. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team